PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 09-08-2012, 02:47 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
So I start to look ahead what do I find

Seven of my printed kits have been lost no problem really except of course the shortage of money and the will to even bother chasing down again then it hit me maybe the lesson here is that maybe should move on and look for different kits to build maybe it is for the better not to worry about what is gone and that is what the doctor is saying so i have decided no try and not look for them kits and the good thing about this hobby of ours there is always some new model on the way out like say the Hobby model F35 sure to be a good replacement if you ask me of the avro lancaster fly model gomix i had or would it I have no idea if it would but that is the way the doctor and my brother and all got me thinkng don't worry about the stuff that is no more and think ahead ok some of them may be ones i love to do but I do knw what happened the person was kind of in a bit of a dizzy wondering what to save and the last thing on their mind was when looking for the stuff int he flat afteri had been kind of rushed out was the kits and the landlord was hardly going to give a damn about them so hey thats life. So heres my idea i look for the new ones and forget about what is lost how knows if i come across them somewhere on ebay or a site at a goood price then all fine and dandy but i am not going to worry abuot them and I sure as hell am not going to look on the world wide web while not feelign well looking for a card model of seven planes that i wanted to build and had bought and is lost now i figure now much better to look for the newer idea the new models by desigers maybe that it maybe this whole thing is making me look at what is out there and new and for sale and thats where i should look. Kits that are been designed now deserve to be looked at and built just as much as the ones that are already printed and oh yes that F35 is goign to have aof hobby model looks tempting Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II [KHM105] - 45.00z? : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce
Google Adsense
Old 09-08-2012, 04:23 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
So sorry to hear you have lost your collection Martin, am i reading this right ? has your Landlord kicked you out of your flat ? if this is the case, the Landlord needs investigating, surely a man can't be treated this way, especially in your current state of health.
Old 09-09-2012, 02:59 AM
Eternal Member

I gave the key back Peter and the flat is cleared and his looking for someone else to move in right now. So i got nothing to worry about rent wise anyway just as well since the social i am on mow is not to much and they even talking of reducing it down in the Budget in December don't ask me how i am going to live come the new year if it goes down even more.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:26 PM
Forum Helper

Sorry to hear that Martin, but where are you going to live when you come out of the Hospital ? You need to be with family if that's possible. I still can't believe someone can be so heartless to do this to you when you aren't able to fight for your rights. The Landlord is an {well i can't say the word here, use your imagination} I'd like to meet him and shake him by the neck
Old 09-11-2012, 07:30 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter taft View Post
Sorry to hear that Martin, but where are you going to live when you come out of the Hospital ? You need to be with family if that's possible. I still can't believe someone can be so heartless to do this to you when you aren't able to fight for your rights. The Landlord is an {well i can't say the word here, use your imagination} I'd like to meet him and shake him by the neck
Peter I am living now with my mum its going well it will be a while before i really sort out things for myself like what to buld and i got so many choices anyway its nuts to be worrying about them. I be in the hospital tommorow for the next chemo treatment early but not so damn scared as i was the the last time and i am trying my best to stay positive for a reason I know how bad this thing looks right now and just how important it is to stay positive and all thats my only weapon here right now my prayers and wishes are keepign me above all from going down in tears and yes i do cry a lot
Google Adsense
Old 09-11-2012, 05:47 PM
Forum Helper

Thank God you are at your mums, this put my mind at rest, been worried about you mate. Hope things go ok for you with the next batch of Chemo... certainly not a nice thing to go through, but hope it works. Prayers always from me and many others here come your way every night Martin. Take care.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 7.83 MB
Doctor, I appreciate your dilema. I finally saw light at the end of the tunnel and it turned out to be a train. Keep your chin up.
Old 09-15-2012, 06:14 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionic Modeler View Post
Doctor, I appreciate your dilema. I finally saw light at the end of the tunnel and it turned out to be a train. Keep your chin up.
Getting kicked in the nuts seems to be all I get done lately to me figurively speaking. I sure was not expecting to hear what I heard on Wednesday morning Not only had I lost 11 kilos in three weeks and am now down to the wesight last seen in about 1986 my man boobs are nowhere near as big as before I am tryinng to skirt around what the bad thing was but its not to bad to me it just showed the blood tests that i have something wrong with the liver so they could not do the chemo and since have found out went in on Friday for another test and it had improved slightly and the team had been thinking of whats up and now with yippee the new ultrasound done on the liver to see whats up with the liver it may show something they need to see if the damage is been done or what are what and me not know me not scared of this me just in bewilderment at this stage at how many things can get Fexed up in less than six months. I am now down to 79.5 kilo's by the way
Old 09-15-2012, 10:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 7.83 MB
I am truly sorry you are going through such a bad time rightnow. I gave up asking why me regarding my disability. Time and unforseen occurances befall us all. There is no rhyme or reason, stuff just happens. The best we can do is, the best we can do. I have been in and out of depression and when I come out the problem is still there only I have a different perspective. Make the most of the life you have and don't waste what time you have worrying about that which you can't control. Just hope for the best and keep moving forward. You are in control of that everything else just is what it is. I have found worry to be a waste of energy that I could devote to getting the most out of what time I have. Keep modeling it will help you stay positive.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:23 PM
Forum Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionic Modeler View Post
I am truly sorry you are going through such a bad time rightnow. I gave up asking why me regarding my disability. Time and unforseen occurances befall us all. There is no rhyme or reason, stuff just happens. The best we can do is, the best we can do. I have been in and out of depression and when I come out the problem is still there only I have a different perspective. Make the most of the life you have and don't waste what time you have worrying about that which you can't control. Just hope for the best and keep moving forward. You are in control of that everything else just is what it is. I have found worry to be a waste of energy that I could devote to getting the most out of what time I have. Keep modeling it will help you stay positive.
Totally agree with all this. BM is telling you right Martin, i get into "Dark places" and sometimes very hard to get out of. My family helps me through, and without them, i would have given up long ago. Stay on the Positive side, i do this all the time. Worry drags you down and makes things feel and seem a whole bunch worse. Hold sway Martin, hold sway.
Google Adsense