PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 09-13-2012, 10:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 13.06 MB
How to pay a fine?

I haven't seen the video mentioned in this article, but I'm going to look for it....

Jersey Village man pays traffic fine with $137 folded into origami pigs | khou.com Houston

HOUSTON—A man found a creative way to show cops in Jersey Village just what he thought of a red light camera traffic ticket he got.
He folded $137 bills into origami pigs and then he went to pay his bill in person with the money in two donut boxes.
He recorded his interaction with the clerk, and the video has since gone viral.
"I am not going to take it like that […] the way you have that folded, I’m not going to sit here and unfold all that," said the staff member assisting the driver.
"I think it’s kind of funny," said Michael Kubosh, the attorney who led the fight against red light cams in Houston. "He went down there and went through turning all these dollar bills into pigs. And putting it in a donut box—I think he is making a statement."
The city manager confirms the incident did take place in Jersey Village, and said he was satisfied with the way the staff handled the situation and that traffic laws will continue to be enforced.
The driver finally relented, unfolding the bills himself.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.74 GB
found it

Gonna send it to my step son in Fort Myers, he's a cop
Old 09-14-2012, 02:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thumbs up

That is to freakin' funny!
Old 09-14-2012, 09:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
what a moron

first of all, drive properly, don't run red lights, don't get caught on red light cameras
and your day will be much happier...and you won't have origami all your money.

secondly, waste four hours doing something good for your family or the community
instead of trying to insult underpaid cops.

last...pay your fine and shut the hell up (lol)

If I was that guy behind the glass, I would have spotted those Donut boxes and
immediately rang the terrorist alarms for a possible bomb threat! lmao
Old 09-14-2012, 11:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Have to go along with Airdave on this one, especially the part about the terrorist alarms.
Google Adsense
Old 09-14-2012, 12:20 PM

come on guys! there are few things more American than freedom of expression. that individual decided to protest in a NON-VIOLENT (and creative) manner. when they called him on it, he complied by unfolding the bills. donuts and terrorists? really?
Old 09-14-2012, 12:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 59.62 MB
Let's remember, too, the overall controversy about these red-light cameras. (1) The ticket gets sent to the owner of the car, who may not have been the driver -- a presumption of guilt directly at odds with our US tradition. (2) I'll bet money that the traffic authorities in Austin, Texas, deliberately reduced the number of seconds the left-turn arrows are on -- trying to increase fine collections by frustrating drivers to the point of trying to slip through on a red. At the very least, there is the appearance of conflict of interest regarding these cameras.

With all this manual labor, I may not make it out of retirement alive.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
And if the redlight cameras there are anything like here, it is a scam to make money for the city and the company that they hire to monitor the cameras. Some of the yellow lights here are getting impossibly short. For instance, this morning, I sat through a red light. As traffic moved through the intersection on the green light, I was up to about 30 mph about to go into the intersection with a green light, when I passed the solid white marker line for where you are supposed to stop on red, and the light turned yellow after the point of no return. The light was red before I made it through. The state of Missouri is starting to investigate these shorter yellows, it is to that point. A ticket in the mail for my situation this morning would deserve some sort of protest.

I don't know this guy's situation, but I'm not going to judge it, because I know there are a lot of redlight camera scams, too.

You have to admit, though, that it is funny
Old 09-14-2012, 12:52 PM

well, those are good points about the red light cameras. another point could be raised that they are unconstitutional due to a violation regarding due process of law. when you break the law, you should expect to be punished, BUT, you also have rights to expect notification of that violation in a timely manner. in Houston, they conducted studies that showed red light cameras may make intersection MORE dangerous. thankfully, it was only a "cash cow" for the city that is now suspended. i think Tx city still has them though....
Old 09-14-2012, 12:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
One study over in Kansas showed an increase in accidents, but a tremendous reduction in the severity of the accidents occurring. I'm tempted to say that it is a six-or-half-dozen situation, but for the sake of the family members of those fatality accidents before the cameras were in place, I feel I shouldn't go there.
Google Adsense