PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 10-03-2012, 04:19 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
Arrow "Learn from the lessons of History"

Back in the '60s/early '70s we had a saying (even in Canada): "DICK NIXON before NIXON DICKS YOU" My late father almost had an heart attack when the Wpg Tribune displayed a pic of #1 Son holding up a placard stating such in front of the US consulate on Osborne Street back in the Day.

Well, #1 son went on to join the Canadian Armed Forces (reserve) and helped to train a hell of a lot of Canadian soldiers, a couple of which either died or were seriously hurt in the line of duty. I shared a snow trench and a serious chat with a young man who now commands my former Militia regiment. ULLAMH! JR

To quote the motto of the Highland Division , "Nemo Me Impune Laecesit" (No One Touches Me Without Hurt) or (I do not have the Gaelic) "Touch not the Cat without a Glove"
Old 10-03-2012, 05:47 PM

Swampfox, I carry myself the way any career NCO would, with professionalism and respect, at no time do my emotions ever carry into interviews. But your right, he should have concerns on how I fit into "his" workplace....I don't and never will because I'm respectful, responsible I work hard and am not there to be anyone's BFF or win any popularity contests, but who really cares. He proved how I generally feel about civilians. I have made calls to the V.A., and this afternoon was called and offered the job. I told them they can keep the job, I want nothing to do with them. I'm on to bigger better things. Thank you guys for allowing me to vent and for showing your support.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:07 PM
Eternal Member

Thumbs up

Josh: You have at least one Highlander in your hip pocket!
Jim
Old 10-03-2012, 06:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 1,012.17 MB
Josh, employers cannot discriminate based on disability or chronic illness. The PSTD question is clearly illegal. The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission has a Dallas office. You can look for their contact info on the EEOC Home Page website.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 13.06 MB
JR, your comments reminded me of a gentleman i had a beer or two with in the toronto airport. while some "americans" were busy heading north to avoid service in 'nam, he and two Canadian friends came south and volunteered for service. they thought it would be fun! one didn't make it back and the other went down on the "Ocean Danger". we toasted their memory well...

Josh, i'm sorry that the HR guy was so clueless to a fellow "spring branch davidian". he could have just asked you what you did in service and how many times you were deployed and then take a guess. i can't help but think that the best thing, for those with ptsd or without, is to get into a "normal" job and get on with life while utilizing the positive skills our military provides...
Old 10-03-2012, 08:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh View Post
Swampfox, I carry myself the way any career NCO would, with professionalism and respect, at no time do my emotions ever carry into interviews. But your right, he should have concerns on how I fit into "his" workplace....I don't and never will because I'm respectful, responsible I work hard and am not there to be anyone's BFF or win any popularity contests, but who really cares. He proved how I generally feel about civilians. I have made calls to the V.A., and this afternoon was called and offered the job. I told them they can keep the job, I want nothing to do with them. I'm on to bigger better things. Thank you guys for allowing me to vent and for showing your support.
Josh - Right On!

Questions like that are illegle, but, by the same token who would want to work for a jerk like that?

Can just imagine the pain his employees take home each night. If he does that at an interview, probably does a few more unethical labor practices as well!

Probably has a coin operated bathroom for nature breaks....

Mike
Old 10-03-2012, 08:30 PM

Thanks mike, thanks everyone. I feel a lot better already.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 10.86 MB
Just came upon your post. That question was just plain out of line!
Basically he...the interviewer is a bad example of who we are as Americans!
An ungrateful civilian that disregarded the respect that service men and women
deserve.

Jeff
Old 10-04-2012, 09:29 PM
Absolute Final Dimensional Contortionist Judicator

Total Downloaded: 398.11 MB
Should have responded,"No, do you have Acquired Stupidity Syndrome or Acquired Intelligence Deficiency Syndrome? You seem to be showing all the symptoms."
Old 10-04-2012, 11:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 13.06 MB
I'd hire him ANY day.... I'd also FIRE HR clowns that dare ask what should not be asked.