PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 10-19-2012, 03:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 452.18 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnerGreg View Post
If the company has not abjectly apologized, get a list of advertisers and post it here and we'll start letting THEM know what we think.
I was just thinking the same thing.

Hit 'em where it hurts!

[Edit]- Just read some of their facebook page. What saddens me is the (few) commenters that I interpreted (maybe wrongly) as saying "everyone makes mistakes, so just let it go".

Whatever happened to accountability?

Last edited by sgoti; 10-19-2012 at 03:22 PM.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoti View Post
[Edit]- Just read some of their facebook page. What saddens me is the (few) commenters that I interpreted (maybe wrongly) as saying "everyone makes mistakes, so just let it go".

Whatever happened to accountability?
That wasn't just a mistake; it was a serious lapse in judgement...
Old 10-20-2012, 10:04 AM
Absolute Final Dimensional Contortionist Judicator

Total Downloaded: 398.11 MB
Heh, you assume intelligence came into play with the original idea....
Old 10-20-2012, 11:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 13.06 MB
apparently, a family based "communication" business knows nothing about communication or business (american general media). feel free to communicate your displeasure, but don't be shocked if you are blocked from commenting more than once (like me). how's that for communication?

now compiling a list of advertisers/sponsors that will be boycotted until a proper (not boilerplate) solution comes about. FIRE that clown... that IS the solution.
Old 10-20-2012, 02:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 7.83 MB
Here is what I posted on Facebook
Is nothing sacred anymore. Has bad taste become the norm rather than the exception. How does a person who is intelligent enough to get a prestigious job as a radio host act so outragiously stupid. I was told once when I was in the Navy,"there is no shortage of educated idiots in this world" You have personified that remark to the lowest level possible. shame on you and all who laughed and hurt these people in such a heartless way. I have never been one to call for a man's job for one bad mistake but I have to agree this guy needs to be fired.

"Oh wisdom thou are fled to brutish beasts and men have lost their reason" (Bill Shakespear)
Google Adsense
Old 10-20-2012, 02:32 PM

yep, i've messed up on a job too (a long time ago) and i got fired for it.... years later, looking back, i would have fired me too, if i was the boss at the time. heck, i'll resign my day job now if that reject will meet me half-way. this FUBAR has gone viral. thank you to all who care and have decent limits to humor....
Old 10-22-2012, 12:05 PM

so i check up on this..... still the lame apologies, and i post again. they quickly deleted my comment. imagine, a radio station that has a FCC responsibility to censor itself (there actually are some things you can't/shouldn't say... by law), censoring complaints. this can only be because they are feeling the heat.

the thing is, 18 hours ago, there were 57 comments to the latest lame apology, mostly negative. now, there are 49. the majority now "forgives" and accepts the apology. any investigative reporter worth his "salt" would likely point that out. i wonder if they stacked the deck and played the CYA game? (rhetorical).

something stinks here.... i'm going to take another shower today to make sure it isn't my opinion, and to wash this media involvement off of me.

Last edited by nebeltex; 10-22-2012 at 12:22 PM.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 7.83 MB
And now the bleeding hearts come to the surface. "The pooor man hasn't he suffered enough" Now we are all being called bullies. amazing how they can turn it around and now make him the victim.

"Oh wisdom thou are fled to brutish beasts and men have lost their reason" (Bill Shakespear)