PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 12-23-2012, 12:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 178.94 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to MBig
Chinese pirat: ALICE PAPERMODEL

Found in internet:

This is pirate copy of model from Kartonowa Kolekcja, no3/2007, published by mr Pawel Mistewicz.
chinese price is 4$. Polish price is 16 zł (almost the same).
chinese idiot left polish writing on the photo and I found in my store original model.

Is there any law to fight with them?

Last edited by 3Turner; 12-23-2012 at 03:44 PM. Reason: removing link
Google Adsense
Old 12-23-2012, 12:25 PM

What is the best?

Place of origin: Shanghai China (Mainland)

I am over 6 years beyond the Polish and I didn't know Poland is chinese mainland.
Old 12-23-2012, 01:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.91 GB
Hello Piotr,

I don't think that there is anything we can do about this legally. However, what we can do (through the auspices of this site) is make more people aware that they are ripping off publishers and distributors.

Bernie
Old 12-23-2012, 01:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Alice Papermodels is a sub-section of the Government backed Ali-Express organisation. To the Chinese they are the equivalent of Amazon and eBay all rolled into one, and they are probably bigger than both our Western web Marketeers put together. They are not breaking any Chinese Laws, so it is very unlikely that Western complaints are going to have much effect, but some models have been removed from their lists after complaints by the actual copyright holders. So it is worth trying.

We know they are pirating hundreds of models that are freely available in the West, but few are available to the Chinese public as their web servers are very limited, and mostly strictly controlled for world access.

So, they are actually providing a good service to their Chinese customers. Considering that their prices are for post delivered Printed kits, not downloads, their prices are quite reasonable, and they are very well presented. Even down to including unexpected little extras, like clear sheet for windows and any requiired wires, etc.

The Ali-Express web services are very successful and have now opened up to the world-wide-web. If you can hack the 3-4 week delivery times, it's always worth checking out www.aliexpress.com for much of the same gear you can get from Amazon, but at much reduced prices.

Want things even cheaper, check out www.alibaba.com and go direct to the manufacturers for bulk buying. (Guess where the Amazon and eBay merchants get their stocks from?).

If ya can't beat 'em ... join 'em.

Johnny.

Last edited by JohnM; 12-23-2012 at 02:20 PM.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 171.54 MB
MBig....Alice is a web vendor that has been brought up time and time again. Do a forum search for "Alice" and you will see numerous threads. And unfortunately, like mentioned, there is nothing that can be done....for reasons mentioned above.

However, one thing you can do is NOT directly link their website item(s) from here....being that this is a Papermodeling fourm and having a link to there...the search engine just thinks what the heck, must be important, lets put this website (alice) higher in the search rankings. Doing so will only give them higher search results in Google or other search engines over legitimate websites.

I removed the direct link from your post and moved the thread out of the Kit Review forum into the Cardboard Lounge.
Google Adsense
Old 12-23-2012, 04:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
I'll understand if, for the sake of decorum, you want to pull the links from my post too Robert, but they do not link directly to 'Alice', just to her parent trade sites. They could be useful to other members who'd like to save some money though.

Johnny.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 171.54 MB
That's why I left those John .
Old 12-23-2012, 06:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
They do/did have my CSS Raleigh their for $4.00 or so. But you can get it here in the downloads for free!
CT
Old 12-24-2012, 05:29 AM

I think the best fight with this pirate shop is announcing that wherever possible, and feed at once the source of the original (as I did with the Brewster from Kartonowa Kolekcja). I am sure, people will understand that the original print is even better than the best scan and reprint.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 314.41 MB
The chinese have NEVER respected copyright..unless it was theirs of course....Even discussing it here instead of simply pulling every post about them just feeds their efforts! Than again, who doesnt shop at walmart?
Google Adsense