PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 02-01-2013, 05:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
Grampa's Toys

It's possible my wife is right when she says she doesn't have to worry about my ever having a second childhood because I've never left my first. Having made the observation that our grandkids spend more time playing with the boxes than with the high-priced tech toys that came in them, we have been cruising Ebay looking for the "old fashioned" stuff that kept us occupied for hours when we were kids, like wooden building blocks, Lincoln Logs, Tinker Toys, erector sets, and the like. A week ago, I scored on a lot of at least two and maybe three "delux" 50s era Tinker Toy sets. When it arrived today, I discovered down in the bottom of the box a canister containing one of the "rich kids" sets of Crazy Ikes...and, except for the cap of the canister, it appears to be complete and undamaged, even with the original idea booklet. Talk about bringing back memories....the grandkids lose on this one. The Crazy Ikes are grandpa's toys, and are going to join the big box with the Viewmasters and Spirographs; the kids come to visit, maybe grandpa will let them look at the Ikes, maybe even touch them under the closest of supervision, but by gum, they are MY toy....don't even think of taking them home with them. Now all I have to find for them is a replacement cap for the canister....