PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 03-17-2013, 08:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 6.62 GB
What Is This?

Does anyone recognize this car? We saw this across the street after parking at the local art gallery. My daughter's boyfriend was one of the "winners" of a local radio contest, where one had to dress as a "legend", and be judged on the resemblence. She was talk walk along with him as he marched with others in our local St Patrick's Day parade. Before meeting up with the parade group, we saw this car. It's paint is faded, and the interior looked well-worn. It also had a flat rear tire. I've never seen a three-wheeler in person before, especially not a four-door model. No names on the outside, just a "W" in a circle, with an oval over it. I couldn't find an exact match in a search, but I did see a pickup version, with the same front end. Best guess is a Chinese Jin Da Lu car. A couple of dealers list them for sale, but not by name. One had what looked like a newer one, along with the truck version. Another article named the newer looking one as being from Jin Da Lu, the "King of Clones". A clone of what in this case, I don't know.

The second picture should be captioned "You want me to do WHAT?" My son and I each got talked into wearing one of these signs, and "marching" a couple of miles in the cold wind and occasional blowing snow. My daughter (pictured) only had to carry a banner. Lovely. Last Saturday we had t-shirt temperatures and sunshine. Of course not this week! I'm glad I thought to bundle up! We were in good company, also marching with us were Alice Cooper, TWO John Lennons, Super Mario (boy, was HE a hit!), and Sergeant Pepper, to name a few. If I'd known, my son and I could have gone as Luigi and Wario (instead of just looking like a fat blue penguin wearing a sign, in my case).

Scott K.
Attached Thumbnails
What Is This?-3-wheeler.jpg   What Is This?-5342_346772625442703_1520359688_n.jpg   What Is This?-legends.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 03-17-2013, 08:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Here's a short article on what looks like the same type vehicle: Chinese Car Maker Knocks-Off Prius, Leaves Off Wheel, May Be Electric
Old 03-17-2013, 10:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.93 MB
I found this Wildfire WF650-C - Column - Car Reviews - Car and Driver
I think they are the same car/bike?
Old 03-17-2013, 10:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 6.62 GB
Whulsey, I did see that article. Its where I got the Jin Da Lu name from. It may be the same as the car in the article Chunder linked to as well. I think what we saw was an older model. At least Car and Driver have it a name, and a stateside supplier. The two dealer's sites I saw didn't give a name of any kind, and one had commercials that sounded more like a prank than a serious attempt to sell one ("comes complete with lights, a radio that works" etc...). A four-door motorcycle. Hmmph, who would have thought? I want one just to play with, I'd be too scared to try to drive it on an expressway to commute with.

Scott K.