PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 03-24-2013, 02:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 6.62 GB
Sounds like where you live its the same way as here; if its not written down, it didn't happen, and if it is, its gospel truth. I know NY State feels that way. State Health Department inspection time every year at the nursing homes I've worked for was always "fun". Every maintenance inspection and activity had to documented in excruciating detail. The Nursing and Dietary departents had it even worse. The inspectors could watch you do something, but if the paperwork wasn't perfect, it never happened.

I'll have to let you all know what results, if any, I can get about this tomorrow.

I just repeated the google on my name,and discovered something that makes it even worse! The second result is from names.whitepages.com, and says in the little bit that you see on the google page, that there is only 1 person in the entire U.S. with my (properly spelled) name. Lovely. This just reinforces the negative impact of the result above it. I checked Mr. Killingbeck's name, and there are three with his name!(not to mention several others, with different middle initials, who also have some sort of online crime report listed) I really wish I'd paid closer attention to this the first time my wife pointed it out to me a while back.

Scott K.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Change your name?

seriously,I would be very public about this.
The more pople who know about this error, the better.
It might even get you sympathy at a job interview?

I might start by contacting the Newspaper and convincing them
to run a big story about the problem and what grief it has caused for you.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:11 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
they always want to right the wrong, and a personal interest story will do that .
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 03-24-2013, 04:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 198.27 MB
You could also attach a disclaimer to your resume stating that the person in the Google search is not you.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:54 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
its even worse when someone like an x hates you or you have a mentally ill relative that stalks you down and slanders you, even if vindicated, the damage still remains in part. I hope that you can at least have a chance to explain to your friends if this is the case , and that they come back and befriend you again. paul in the bible was right, gossip is murder.
Google Adsense
Old 03-24-2013, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakopious View Post
You could also attach a disclaimer to your resume stating that the person in the Google search is not you.
Funny you should mention that, I just did. I just wish I'd thought if that before I sent one out earlier today.

@Jim, I agree.

Scott K.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:34 PM

Good news! I just received a message fro the paper. They've corrected the story already, and made a note of the correction, too. Now I just need to get Google to change their search result. I don't know how often they update, but maybe it'll happen automatically before I get a response from an actual person.

Scott K.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 95.08 MB
Glad to hear you had a result already, when I had to sort out my problem it took ages and if I hadn't more or less broke down on the phone to the most wonderful lady at the police headquarters I would probably still be trying to get it sorted. I hope when it's all cleared up the job offers start flooding in, jobs that still leave you time to do the Dan Dare models of course
Old 03-24-2013, 11:10 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Get a screen shot of the page is has not yet been corrected for your records. Once the page is corrected hopefully, searchwise, it will go away fairly soon.

Gixergs mentioned the Sexual Offenders register. Go see your local Police Station and hopefully they will help check for you.

You need (pain as it is) to check all bases for the future.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:14 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
I went now to see if could get a screenshot for you (thinking of the time differences between us) and it now been changed - says "(name changed from previous release)" in the text. Take a copy to the Police Station when you ask then to check for you.