PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 07-06-2013, 01:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.09 MB
Boeing 777 Crashed in SF,CA

Boeing 777 Crashed in SF,CA today No casualties up to now.

Boeing 777 crashes while landing at San Francisco airport - U.S. News
Google Adsense
Old 07-06-2013, 05:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 13.06 MB
"Early reports said at least two people were killed and dozens injured, but the full extent of the casualties was not clear"

The wreckage looks really bad. I guess it could have been worse. Prayers to all involved.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 614.80 MB
SFO Air crash Asiana flight 214

Horrifying event, with a lot of questions. Incredibly low mortality! I am so impressed that the airframe of the 777 protected the passengers so well.

The air traffic control recording has been posted here. http://wandr.me/Audio/AAR214-KSFO-Crash.mp3
I think I hear the pilot of flight 214 say something with "four-four", which he repeats a second later. Anyone of the air control mavens know what the pilot is trying to say?

Also, the port engine is missing in the images I see. Could it be ground to bits, forming the debris trail, or could it be back in the water?
Old 07-07-2013, 09:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 248.80 MB
Looking at some pics on google i think I see the port engine back away from the plane and the debris looks to be the tail of the fuselage and the vertical and horizontal empennage.....Rich

Boeing 777 Crashed in SF,CA-audio-listen-san-francisco-crash-landing-air-traffic-control.jpg
Old 07-07-2013, 11:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by papermodelfan View Post
Horrifying event, with a lot of questions. Incredibly low mortality! I am so impressed that the airframe of the 777 protected the passengers so well.

The air traffic control recording has been posted here. http://wandr.me/Audio/AAR214-KSFO-Crash.mp3
I think I hear the pilot of flight 214 say something with "four-four", which he repeats a second later. Anyone of the air control mavens know what the pilot is trying to say?

Also, the port engine is missing in the images I see. Could it be ground to bits, forming the debris trail, or could it be back in the water?
I listened to that recording about ten times and I couldn't really make out what he was saying, either. As an airline pilot myself, I'm pretty good at understanding radio jibberish, but that was pretty unintelligible. One thing I can say is what a rock-star that controller was. He called for CFR, ordered several go-arounds, handed a few people off to departure, guided a VFR aircraft to a neighboring airport, transited a VFR helicopter through the airspace, and even took time to try to communicate with the Asiana aircraft, all in that two minute span. He didn't mess up even one transmission, which shows intense skill. The workload of the flightcrew during an emergency evacuation is extreme, so I'm actually surprised there was even a pilot at the other end of the mic to even answer the controller.
Google Adsense
Old 07-07-2013, 12:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to ultra
as i c it hit the seawall which made the tail go completely off

remarkable that the entire frame stayed intact

2 dead and a lot of people injured some in critical conditions that's just sad god be with their families

ultra stone
Old 07-07-2013, 03:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
CNN has a video of the crash. You can see the aircraft approaching the runway from the right.

CNN is showing that video and a blown up section of it that is focused in on the crash.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 614.80 MB
Astouding video - Thanks! looks like he is going VERY slow and stalls out right at the breakwater. Watching that plane spin around on its wing, I am more impressed than ever with the fact that it held together as much as it did. Boeing must build them with superglue.