PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 07-14-2013, 01:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Vacation

On the third day of vacation. Had a little hitch in it with a tire problem this morning so setting in a tire shop in Lompoc (Vanderberg AFB) now. Caught the Mullins Museum for Art Deco French cars in Oxnard yesterday. Wow!! If I get out in time today there's supposed to be a antique Motorcycle museum in Solvang I'm going to check out. Just happened to see a biplane taking off out the window, might need to check that also. My guess time is running out. So on to SLO/Morro Bay tonight.

Later, gators!
Google Adsense
Old 07-14-2013, 02:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
If there is an armpit of America competition, Lompoc certainly qualifies. If the Breakers is still open in Morro Bay, you must have dinner there...the swordfish steak is awesome. And if in Pismo, some clam chowder is a must. You are in my old stomping grounds...spent four years there at Cal Poly.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Darwin, there's a Breakers Motel there, but don't think they have a restaurant. I usually hit the Hungry Fisherman once or twice while there. Had considered going to Cal Poly out of high school, but went to Michigan State instead. Don't remember why I turned them down, sort of wish I'd looked at them closer back then since MSU didn't work out.
Only spend a day in Lompoc, but it looked pretty good to me in comparison to the Phoenix/Maricopa County area. Anyway got my tire problem fixed and made the motorcycle museum in the afternoon. Lots of bikes going back into the 1910's both US and Euro. Photos to come.
Also did Castle Air Force Base Museum in Atwater/Merced area. Then back to the Lyons Air Museum in Orange County on the return trip to Arizona.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
Whulzey, you never tried selling children's encyclopedias door-to-door in Lompoc....that experience is one not to wish even on one's worst enemies. Back in the early 60s, Cal Poly was a really great place to go to school, even if the unofficial school motto was "Cal Poly, where the men are men and the sheep are nervous." Fortunately, it wasn't all that far from UC Santa Barbara, where the M:F ratio was about the same as Poly's but in the other direction. Many a weekend a bunch of us would make the Santa Barbara trek, go into the lobby of any girl's dorm and yell out "We're from Poly, who wants a date?" The longest it ever took for everyone in the group to have a date was five minutes.