PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 07-16-2013, 10:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 136.99 MB
I was 25 and sweating "getting out'............had been since '63. Thought that a lot of good could have been paid for down here.............no complaints..........
Old 07-17-2013, 06:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
I was 14, going to be 15 real soon and already thinking about what kind of automobile to get next year. Sat and watched the first step with the rest of the family and wondering why there were no stars in the sky and how come the shadows seemed wrong. We all know the answers to that now, don't we.

I remember in the early 1960's playing baseball and looking up wondering if a Mercury capsule was flying by overhead.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 10.87 GB
22 And home on leave from Viet Nam. Was planning on getting married on the 22nd.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
Smile Nice dreams

I am still waiting to buy a condo on the moon.

Wait, we got too many right here on earth and allot cheaper too.

Dream on.......

Isaac
Old 07-17-2013, 04:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 113.24 MB
Does anyone remember Pan-Am (and possibly TWA as well) creating waiting lists for flights to the moon? The optimism we had back then!
I was 7 at the time watching the astronauts walk on the moon from the couch in my parents living room. My memory is that the picture was so bad that it was difficult to tell what was happening. But I'm still glad I paid attention.
Wayne
Google Adsense
Old 07-17-2013, 05:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 41.26 MB
I was 25 and went across the hall to my neighbors' apartment when the time was getting close. We sat and watched as we drank beer in their living room. We were aware that history was being made, but didn't truly understand then what it all meant.
I took some pictures of the TV and got pretty good results. Although it was hard to see what was going on, the announcers let us know what we were watching. I think I know where the pictures are, and will certainly share if I can find them.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 145.94 MB
I was 6 when it happened, don't remember it. First one I remember was Apollo 14, they were showing live coverage of Alan Shepard on the moon, and there was a full moon outside. I went out into the yard and squinted real hard, trying to see the astronauts.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 24.06 MB
I'm not even born yet, that's another 8 years in the future.
But if I have a time machine, I surely would like to visit and feel first hand to watch Neil Armstrong steeping out from LM and landed on the moon.

Cheers to all of you who have the opportunity to experience the great event from television.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.09 MB
I turned 9 six weeks prior, I begged my parents to let me stay up to watch the landing and wake me up when they were going out for a walk.(Hey, I was 9 years old) They agreed and did just that. It was the summer of '69 and Star Trek was in reruns from 7:30-8:30 pm. I can't remember the night. I was into the space program two years before and became a "Trekkie" that summer. What an exciting time.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:31 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.15 GB
I was about -21 years old, when it happened, Ivewish I could have been around when it happened. It was exceedingly awesome last year to a hear first hand account of the first moon landing from Apollo 11 CapCom and Apollo 16 astronaut Charlie Duke.

His story of Participating in the Moon Olympics was fun as well.
Google Adsense