PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 07-31-2007, 01:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 25.92 MB
IPMS 2007 Nationals on August

Hello fellow papermodelers.

As many of you know, on 22-25 August, the IPMS nationals will have its contest. Although is for USA members of the IPMS, many of you are members there, and I'm guessing some of you will attend - to enter models, to have a display or just to be there.

Paper Models are going to be accepted, as the following statement says:
In addition to the Special Themed Awards, we will be having a special category for paper models within each Class. These will be separate categories so the paper will not be judged against the plastic, but will utilize the same basic criteria outlined in the IPMS/USA Competition Handbook. Bob Penikas has volunteered to be the Lead Paper Model Judge for this year.

I know every member of the IPMS has this Handbook. But what and how a paper model is judged? I've seen many great models here in the forum, and in international forums, and I wonder if those are eligible for a contest (national or international).

I've been in contests of my local chapter (internal contests), but I'm the only one in paper, and I've won awards. But I've never put my model against another paper model. What then?

Welcome thoughts, comments.
Google Adsense