PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 09:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 452.18 MB
You could make a paper model of the soap carving, sketch it, and then post a lomagraph of it...
Old 11-14-2013, 12:49 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.02 GB
Tom, Thanks for your service in Nam. I was 4F and rejected during that time. I only belong to this paper forum and a few plastic forums. There are similar complaints over there about one group or another. I think it comes with the territory.
Old 11-14-2013, 05:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 97.35 MB
A few years ago I was subject to a very personal and public rant from the "webmaster" of another unrelated forum . I thought of replying, but nothing I could say would undo what had been said, even if my replies would have been approved. So I 'just' unsubscribed and moved on without comment...

It may take some experience, but leave with your dignity intact... and never go back. A silent tongue in a wise head.

Then I joined PM.....
Old 11-14-2013, 05:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Tom, don't worry about it, it's because your not earning monies for the site, aka 'contribute' by posting and bumping the site rating.

And don't worry about posting your pictures, few of us care if you have a bad camera or aren't as good at modeling as some of the trophy winners. Hell if I don't leave brown glue fingerprints on a model it probably wasn't much fun to build, which is the whole point of this HOBBY, you don't have to show us anything.

As for black and white only, that doesn't matter either, there are lots of models that look just as good, if not better in grey scale, 'white models' are particularly fun to build since you can be as messy as you like. (Not talking about the pure white models, they are spray painted after completion)
Old 11-14-2013, 10:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.27 GB
Been there done that movin' on.

Hey Tom, I'm right proud of you man! I have many friends who were in Nam, it is nothing to be ashamed of at all.

Don't worry about that Z group, it is only one little bitty place on the great big web. They bumped me and didn't even really tell me why. So I can live without Z. This forum is dandy, nice folks too!

Formerly Styrene
aka David
Google Adsense
Old 11-15-2013, 11:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 891.03 MB
I was the person at fault for not reacting well to the question and for not realizing that I now had more than the max messages saved. I can only put it to my hair-trigger temper.

I appreciate all of the support that has been shown me here, and wish there was some way I could return the support to each and every one of you.

I don't want this to turn into a bash Z when there really was no reason to do so.

I'd like the mods to lock down this thread and for the rest of us to get back to figuring out new ways to reduce the evil tree infestation.

Thank you all
Tom Williams, Jr.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 13.06 MB
Didn't John Dillinger escape from jail with a gun carved from soap? Just asking....
Old 11-15-2013, 12:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 171.54 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomW View Post
I'd like the mods to lock down this thread and for the rest of us to get back to figuring out new ways to reduce the evil tree infestation.

Thank you all
Tom Williams, Jr.
Per request.......

P.S.
Don't forget the boom in printer ink reserves that we need to help deplete .