PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 01:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 891.03 MB
Tossed from Z*

Well, it looks like I just got tossed from the other place because I don't post a lot, haven't made any pictures available, and have downloaded a whole bunch of models over the years, 500+ since 2004.

I was told by their latest admin that he limited me to the private mail and demanded an immediate response defending myself on pain of worse things happening if I didn't reply chop-chop.

He's right, I don't post much outside of congratulation remarks, mainly because I've always been overawed by the level of expertise shown by most of the posters. I certainly don't have any expertise, I can barely glue together the simplest of building models; and those almost always have crooked seams and crumple zones.

I don't post pictures of my model because I'd be ashamed to post any thing that I've done. Furthermore, I haven't got a color printer, just a cheap Laserjet monochrome I bought to send out resume's. And I'm working on an 8 year old laptop that I inherited from my mother when she decided she didn't want to email her grandchildren but would rather talk over the phone. This laptop is only used for email and on-line bill payments.

It's not likely that I will be doing any upgrades soon. I'm living on my social security payments only. Haven't been able to find work in my line since 2009 thanks to the economy. I haven't posted anything about this since I feel that I still have been blessed with general good health and am better off than a number of the designers and members of both of the forii.

I'm sorry to subject you guys to this, but after the message I got last night I'm feeling both angry and depressed. Nothing new, I've felt that way since 1968 when I got back to the States from Nam.

Sorry for the rant; if the mods want to ban me from here because I don't post much, so be it.

TomW.
Google Adsense
Old 11-12-2013, 02:12 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Hey Tom,

Don't worry about being bounced from here, as long as I am here, it will not happen

Rick
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 11-12-2013, 02:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Hi Tom,

Welcome aboard...there are a number of us here who are not building at the moment for one reason or another but who happily support and follow those that are so you'll not be the only lurker...there are many ways of enjoying this hobby of which building is just one.

Simon
Old 11-12-2013, 02:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 198.27 MB
I am a lurker on the other forum and never post so that I will not be banned.
Perhaps, that is not a good strategy.

After reading Tom's message, I checked the other forum and saw that I had not been there since April.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 697.0 KB
Don't worry about it, Tom. I don't post much, except comments, because I've had to slow down building. In my case, my arthritis flared up, which slowed down the building. But this is a great site, and the people are quite gracious. Plus, it's lots of fun looking at what everyone is building.

Garland
Google Adsense
Old 11-12-2013, 02:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
so...let me get this straight....you got kicked for not saying anything bad?!
you got kicked for not criticizing, complaining, ranting, raving, or causing any trouble?
you got kicked for not posting?

and hundreds of other got kicked for doing the opposite.

so, what exactly is it you have to do to be allowed to stay there?
LOL
not that I really care.

don't feel depressed...they did you a favour!
Old 11-12-2013, 03:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.41 GB
For everyone's information, He was not kicked off (or banned) from Zealot.
I have already sent this person a PM explaining what had happened.
Now, if he so wishes to contact me through PM, I will discuss with him (and him alone) the situation and come to a (mutual) solution (again through Private Message).

As for the reasons why someone is banned from Zealot is between that person and the Administration (and really should remain as such).
I feel that there is no reason why things like this need to be drug into open forum.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Yes, I saw this and my immediate thought was 'here we go again'. I don't fault people for wanting to complain about getting kicked off of a forum, Z or any other. It is good to get things off your chest.

But as a forum, we should take the high road. Welcoming, warm-and-fuzzy responses are fine, but let's not let this turn into another Z-bashing thread that has to be closed because someone crosses a fuzzy line.

Most of us are members at many other forums, and we participate more at some forums than others. There are many Z members here. There's no sense bashing a place they enjoy. It isn't good for them or for us.

I'll get off my soapbox now. A model of which can be found at Mike Hungerford: Paper Models

Old 11-12-2013, 04:20 PM

Rhaven Blaack:

Here's what I get when I tried to reply to the message.

The following errors occurred with your submission:
  1. You have reached your stored private message quota and cannot send any further messages until space has been created.
I emptied the buffer, I had a whopping 19 messages saved, and I still got the above. Inactivating/kicking looks the same to me; I still am not able to defend or justify myself. Furthermore, I know I've downloaded a lot, I'd venture to say that most of us download more than we will ever be able to build; but your statement implies a dishonest reason. I put up with enough of that s*** back in the 60's when I got back from 'Nam, no more.

Tommie L. Williams, Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhaven Blaack
Hello,

I noticed that you have been a member here since 2004 and yet you have only made 89 posts (Granted some of the posts were helpful but most were just thanking people for the models they provided). Not only that, you have downloaded 542 model files. That is a great deal of models, but you have provided nothing to show for all of it.
The people that design models for this site do not get paid for their hard work. All they ask for in return is that the people who download their models build such and post their work (either photos of the finished model or better yet, a build thread to show off the builders skills and techniques).

Since you have not made any real contributions, this leads me to believe that you are not interested in this forum as a whole (just what you can get for free).

You need to respond to this message ASAP and explain your lack of participation.
I have deactivated your account. This means that you can look around, but you can not make a post or download anything until I have reactivated your account. However, you can still send (and receive) private messages (like this one). Your account will remain inactive until I receive a response from.
If you refuse to respond, further administrative actions will be taken.

Regards,

Rhaven Blaack
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhaven Blaack View Post
For everyone's information, He was not kicked off (or banned) from Zealot.
I have already sent this person a PM explaining what had happened.
Now, if he so wishes to contact me through PM, I will discuss with him (and him alone) the situation and come to a (mutual) solution (again through Private Message).

As for the reasons why someone is banned from Zealot is between that person and the Administration (and really should remain as such).
I feel that there is no reason why things like this need to be drug into open forum.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:22 PM

I apologize to the member's here, I've got a quick and nasty temper that I've been trying to control, successfully most of the time, since I was in grade school. This is the last post I am making on this and I back Vermin's comment, let it go.

TomW
Google Adsense
Closed Thread