PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 12-14-2013, 03:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 164.37 MB
newsletter from Zeist Bouwplaten, Holland

We wish you a merry Christmas, and a happy New Year!

Dear fellow paper model enthusiast,
Another year gone, in which I hope 'real life' has allowed you a few gaps for playing at paper modelling. For although many of us take paper modelling very seriously indeed (as seen in the pictures of my Flickr Photo Collection) it remains just a hobby, a toy, like those in the picture I took in an antiques shop / toy museum in Finland. Together with good health and some happiness in life I wish you many opportunities to enjoy our mutual hobby in 2014.

Speaking of old things: toys don't often survive spring cleanings and similar bouts of feverish activity. Paper models collect dust and are discarded by the powers that be in the home. Unbuilt copies last longer because they don't take up so much room, but for them too, the dustbin is always a threat. Over the last few years I have acquired some experience offering old models for sale (in consignation) via this site. Contact me if you are interested for in a second life for your unbuilt models.

Of course we should also speak of new things. As I explained in an earlier newsletter, it is no longer practicable to keep up with all the new models appearing everywhere, let alone to take them in stock. Postage costs going up for the third time in two years are also a headache. But some news is too good to ignore. You may already have seen the item on the site (>Diversen/Various, >ABC). ABC is a Czech magazine, first published ca. 1955, with at least one paper model in every issue. Famous designer Richard Vyskovsky has long been their most productive contributor. His style is very recognisable: the model pages are used to capacity, and the sketches are also rather crowded. However, an experienced builder will always succeed, even without knowledge of the Czech language.
Some are cut out of old ABC magazines, others are very good reproductions on the same paper as the originals. Many are very 'nice price'.
I have ordered a small number of items to test quality and prices - these are the items I have in stock now (only 1 of each).

Go to PaperModel.cz. Right click on the dark green column, then hit the translate option. Be prepared to spend an hour or more: the choice is enormous!
I am aiming at a combined order by the end of January - their price, plus ca. 70% to cover costs and postage. This margin may end up lower if there are a lot of reactions.If you want to take part, mail me numbers and Czech names of whatever you want me to get for you.

Last subject for now: I am sorry to get so few reaction to my requests for pictures for the Flickr Collection. People seem to enjoy it: in these two years the ca. 2000 pictures have been viewed 600.000 times by 55.000 visitors. Don't be too modest - send me more pictures!

Again: Season's Greetings from
Diderick A. den Bakker.
Attached Thumbnails
newsletter from Zeist Bouwplaten, Holland-kerst2013.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 12-15-2013, 04:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 164.37 MB
ABC prices: forgot to mention that when you run the ABC page through a translator, they change CZK into USD or EUR ... but without adapting the amounts. This leads to amazing prices. The real prices (in CZK) are very attractive indeed.