PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 01-09-2014, 07:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 697.0 KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStephens View Post
I have fond childhood memories of my Grandma making souse, a gelatinous concoction of pigs feet and other parts, I guess it's similar to head cheese. Her recipe was delicious. She would also make the best pickled beef heart.
I also remember butchering hogs on Thanksgiving morning...The whole family would help out. We'd boil up some of the liver and fry up the brains to eat on the spot while the rest of the parts were made into scrapple or pudding. Nothing was wasted except for the squeal of the pig.
Its funny the things you remember as a kid.
Yes, good ole souse. My grandmater loved it. She was Pennslyvania Dutch (her maiden name was Waldroup, for those of you familiar with that clan), and was raised making and eating that stuff. Pickled pigs feet were also in the house. I tried them and they weren't bad, but I didn't, and don't, care for souse.

But pickled beets and eggs pickled in beet juice? Love it. We had it all the time.

Garland
Old 01-09-2014, 07:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 82.25 MB
Ladies and gentlemen, this thread sounds like an arrangement for the dinner menu at the next Paper Mohdelers Convention….

Derek