PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 01-27-2011, 01:49 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Angry Mike Huckabee cals me 2 or 3 times a day

I get calls from Mike Huckabee 2 or 3 times a day, for the last month, something about how he wants everyone uninsured or insured, or wants to date my sister. I hang up when he says, "Hello, this is Mike Huckabee...click" It is driving me nuts. Is there anyway to stop this? Supposedly, they can do this because it is non-profit and they can harass the "bejesus" out of you.

I not posting any political opinion, left or right. I just want to know if there is anyway I can stop it. There is no way to reach anyone with these robocalls. I am going nuts over hearing this moron,yes, he is now a moron, because he calls me 2 or 3 times a day for over a month. That makes him a moron. This person does not even hold a government or political office that he can be reached at.

I don't care about anyone's political leaning. I just want to know if anyone knows how to stop these calls. I would really appreciate it. I am looking for a number or something. The caller I.D gets you to a recorded message saying the same thing, all over again.

One political response and I will ask the Moderators to close the thread. I don't think anyone should be allowed to bother anybody in this manner.

Please, anyone got any ideas?
Google Adsense
Old 01-27-2011, 01:57 PM
Eternal Member

Sounds as though he has taken a liking to you Zathros. Maybe
you could put him on your blocked callers list....Ron
Old 01-27-2011, 02:01 PM
Banned

I never thought of that. I have to figure out how to do that, I have AT&T. Problem is, the number changes on my caller I.D.!! It is never the same.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 171.54 MB
If it is an automated message...a recording/computer....when you answer the phone, hit the #2 button and hang up. Doing so will send the tone to the computer to remove your number from the call list. I do that on my cell phone and home phone and have not gotten call back from the same automated telemarketing place more than once....one was selling insurance in Spanish.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:11 PM
Banned

I will definitely try that, that's what I am looking for. Thanks, at least something to try!
Google Adsense
Old 01-27-2011, 02:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
OK, Zathras, I am sorry for your frayed nerves but I gotta say your post made me chuckle. I hate auto calls too but I do not get more then one a day and usually from different companies trying to sell me something, or the school telling me about upcoming PTA stuff or student concerts. I hope that that number two thing works!
CT
Old 01-27-2011, 02:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 51.85 MB
Send a message via AIM to ThunderChild Send a message via Skype™ to ThunderChild
Over here we get almost the same thing but it's not a recorded voice. It's a telemarketing scam to get people to go listen to timeshare presentations by saying that you had already won a car or something.

After being called twice a day I also got tired of it and downloaded "mr number callblock" for my blackberry. If you have a BB and at least some of the digits in their number is the same, it can block them all. It's a long shot but who knows, maybe someone can gain from this...
Old 01-27-2011, 07:22 PM

A whistle by the phone REALLY comes in handy.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:35 PM

Send a message via AIM to APA-168 Send a message via Yahoo to APA-168 Send a message via Skype™ to APA-168
You could always do what this guy did and return the favor:

Lawyer Gets Revenge for Early Morning Robocall - News - ABA Journal

[email protected]
Old 01-27-2011, 07:39 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
We used to get a dialler several times a day - when we pick up all we could hear was electronic communication noises... we found out, that a fax service had put our number in to the system to send a FAX to us... great, we don't even have a fax machine. It took almost a year for them to sort out I guess you would be at the end of your tether with this Zath, but try some of the suggestions made - fingers crossed for you mate.

Just read Avery's link.... that's the way to get your own back :-)
Google Adsense