PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 05-04-2014, 07:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.77 MB
I see that the operation moving from Tokyo to the U.S. was successful. All models are whole and are not damaged.
Regards.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSTOJA View Post
I see that the operation moving from Tokyo to the U.S. was successful. All models are whole and are not damaged.
Regards.
Yes, all is well with the models.

Still traveling! I'll go back to Cincinnati this weekend and I have not yet started building yet. Lots of work unpacking to do......

I did unpack all of the models that were in storage for the last 3 years. They are OK as well ( some minor work needed ).

I'll get there.

Isaac
Old 05-23-2014, 11:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
Well, my time has come to an end and today was the packing day for my move back to the USA. I had a great time here. Wonderful place.

Moving company did a great job on all the standard packing and let me pack each model myself in tissue paper and place in a box ( and lots of boxes for my over 30 models).

On the truck
Attachment 200788

Hope they make it OK during the transit.

Isaac
Just out of curiosity and apologies if you mentioned it and I missed it but I was wondering what moving company you used? Did they get your models ALL the way from Japan to OH? If so, that is awesome. I've been looking for a good moving company and though I've seen quite a few decent looking ones on movingguru.com, I like to use companies that have good reviews from previous customers. Hope it all went well btw.
Old 05-23-2014, 02:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopvagary View Post
Just out of curiosity and apologies if you mentioned it and I missed it but I was wondering what moving company you used? Did they get your models ALL the way from Japan to OH? If so, that is awesome. I've been looking for a good moving company and though I've seen quite a few decent looking ones on movingguru.com, I like to use companies that have good reviews from previous customers. Hope it all went well btw.
My relocation company hired the A-Cross moving company from Japan to the USA.

A-CROSS Corporation - The Japan Moving Company | Japan International Moving

They are a high end movers and really did a fantastic job with everything.

I wrapped each model in soft tissue paper and placed in a sturdy cardboard box. I threw alot of balled up tissue paper into the box to cushion them.

In the USA, the shipment was delivered by United Van lines moving. They too did a good job, but they unloaded the boxes and placed in the house. I opened the boxes. All was well. Really none of the models was damaged.

Regards

Isaac