PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 03-23-2014, 02:41 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
I feel ya brother. Just got the M/I/L out of hospital today. Praying all
continues smooth for ya! If you want to just talk models or some such, give me a holler

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 03-23-2014, 02:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Keep on truckin'. Hope things work out OK for you and your family.
Old 03-23-2014, 09:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 210.47 MB
You and your father will be in my thoughts and I will pray for your strength and stamina to keep up with your fathers illness.

Jim Nunn
Old 03-23-2014, 10:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 452.18 MB
Wow, Rick!

I am looking after my 82 year old mother and know how hard things can get on the good days. Can't imagine the mental, physical, and emotional wear you've gone through…

I know you specifically said you "have not written this in order to gain sympathy" but you have mine as well. You and yer dad are also in my prayers.

I have always considered it an honor when someone shares their burdens with me, so thank you for honoring me (and us at PM.com) this way.

This year, my dad will have been gone for more than half of my life. Some days, the void seems bigger than when he passed away.

So, a small request on behalf of us who are no longer able to do so in person: Give your dad a hug and tell him you love him. (Although I suspect he already knows that!)
Old 03-24-2014, 06:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 204.72 MB
Prayers for you and yours, Rick.

Doug
Google Adsense
Old 03-24-2014, 08:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 10.41 MB
My thoughts are with you Rick. I had a similar situation with my dad. He came out with me when I moved to Iowa to start my new job. We took a week and looked at houses and got the lay of the land then he took the train to Chicago to visit my brother. WHen done there he hopped on the train again to go back home to PA. When he got there he was not feeling well and my mom ended up taking him to the hospital. He was diagnosed with Pneumonia, but there was more excitement to come as he had a heart attack while in the hospital.

He ended up with a quintuple bypass as a result. While he has recovered and is doing well with his heart now, he just isn't quite the same. It seems like the whole experience has drained him a bit and its been taking a while to recover mentally.

greg
Old 03-24-2014, 12:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.02 GB
You've been through a lot in a short time. I will pray for your strength and the well being of your father. My father died in 1989 from heart problems, my sister died last July from heart problems and I got a stent in 2010 due to a mere 90% blockage in mine. Things will get better.
Old 03-24-2014, 12:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 97.43 MB
I can certainly understand what you are going through, my parents both had health issues in their older years, and I can tell you, it's very difficult to deal with. I would like to offer you a bit of advice, if you don't mind. When people have heart problems / bypass surgery (mom had two triples) they usually end up on a lot of medication. It's a 'coctail' of stuff, and it can have many side effects. You need to listen very carefully and pay attention to what they are saying about how they feel, memory loss, change of behavior, ect. I say this because my mom suffered in silence because she was afraid, and one of the side effects of a particular med was hallucinations. She never was a good sleeper, and was up at all hours, and then started to see 'things' coming down the hall towards her....Angelic children, and worse. She was really horrified that her mind was going, so I finally convinced her to tell the doctor. He said, 'Oh yeah, we hear that a lot!' Would have been nice if he would have told her. He changed the meds a bit, and the visions went away. The point I'm trying to make is that you need to convince your parent / s to be honest about how they feel, a lot of times they don't want to worry us, the 'kids' with their problems. They also don't ask enough questions, so you might have to be their advocate. Again, I'm basing this on my parents, but you get the idea. My best to you and your family, hope this helps!
Mike