PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 02:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.68 GB
Very sad news.
It is also big news in the Netherlands.
55 dutch people aboard and it departed from Schiphol, Amsterdam

@Raja Ahsani. there was a non flyingzone. Till 7500 meters.
The sky above 7500 meters was considered save.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 7.01 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by flightsimmer2012 View Post
The Malaysian airliner was shot down over eastern Ukraine by pro-Russian militants on Thursday, killing all 295 people aboard, a Ukrainian interior ministry official said.
and the rebels are backed by Russia the Russians did it before ,
I am sorry for your empathy my friend co-modeler, but you need to wait and listen to the facts first before you start accusing people or countries of a certain action.

a. Ukraine Forces have operational aircraft that can shoot down the Boing (there is a reported confirmation from a Spanish controler in Kiev that he saw 2 mig29s following the Boing).
b. Ukraine Forces have operational AA missiles (BUK-1) that can shoot the Boing at 10000m altitude.
c. Russian separatist forces use only MANPADS with limited altitude and can't shoot down smt flying so high.
d. QUI BONO? There is no profit whatsoever (and thus no motive) for the Russian side (be it Russia or Russian separatists) to shoot down the plane now that they have inflicted heavy losses on the Ukrainian government forces. There is however a motive for the Kiev government to engage the russians on killing civilians in order to push for a more general war. The fact that Kiev picks up a number of 23 US citizens in the passangers to pull the US public opinion against Russia.
e. There is even a report that the target was the Russian federation plane carrying Puttin himself, which was in the same air-corridor in a similar looking plane with the same blue white red colors, just 37 minutes earlier...

So please try to be patient and don't jump to rush conclusions before the event has even been reported properly. Apart from that, I believe that politics do not have a place in this hobby forum and I would sincerely request that you put an end to any political views here. Thank you.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 7.01 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by at6 View Post
First the Russians and KAL007. Now ProRussians bring down an airliner. My sympathies to the families and loved one of those on board the flight. Find the fiends who did this and charge them with 295 counts of premeditated murder.
You forgot the USNavy and the Iranian airliner in the Gulf. Please don't bring politics in this forum. Thank you.
Old 07-17-2014, 03:03 PM

Latest news from a Dutch pressconference:

154 Dutch passangers.
27 from Australia, 23 from malaysia, 11 from Indonesia, 6 from the UK, 4 from Germany, 4 from Belgium, 3 from the Philippines and 1 from Canada.
47 unindentified passangers nationality.
Old 07-17-2014, 03:12 PM

@ Stormeagle
The Ukraine seperatists do have the BUK.
It was even on the Russian news 3 weeks ago.

You can not jump to conclusions, but American intelligents confermed that there was a missle lanced from separatits territory.
Google Adsense
Old 07-17-2014, 03:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Donetsk militia takes control of Ukrainian anti-air installation - News - World - The Voice of Russia: News, Breaking news, Politics, Economics, Business, Russia, International current events, Expert opinion, podcasts, Video
How We Got To The Point That A Malaysian Plane Was Shot Down Over Ukraine | ThinkProgress
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/07/17/wo...html?hpt=hp_t1

Still not verified:
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...ng-295-people/

It becomes rather clear, MH17 was shot down accidentally, instead of An-26 (loss of An-26 is not confirmed by Ukraine MOD)

Last edited by strk; 07-17-2014 at 03:26 PM.
Old 07-17-2014, 03:18 PM

Malaysia Airlines Plane Was Hit by Surface-to-Air Missile, U.S. Officials Say - WSJ
Old 07-17-2014, 03:31 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
Ok, here's how this works. I'm closing the thread. It is to early to assign a cause, and
the "They shot" it of both sides has no place here. This is a paper model forum. Not an
"I blame the other side" forum.

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Closed Thread