PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 07-23-2014, 07:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Legal question for Florida labor law

Do you know if its legal for employer to request doctors note to show that you indeed went to the doctor?,.. I guess the better the question is do you know any employement attorney's ?,..

I requested a lunch hour schedule change so I could go to my doctors at lunch for check up,.. My company now has requested a doctors note so they can make sure that I filled out the proper form for schedule change,.. Even though I did it on my lunch hour,..
Google Adsense
Old 07-23-2014, 08:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 3.37 MB
Each company got their own company policy to hand out to every new hire. Did you still have your and did you look it up. Most people don't, they should, so they known what working for/against them, do and don't.

Yes, it is legal for employer asking for doc note but not demanding. Your employee only need to know is reason for absence/early leave and how much time you need off.

There is FMLA and AD'a guidelines you can look up: http://www.dol.gov/whd/fmla/
Old 07-23-2014, 01:42 PM

Even if I did it on my lunch hour?,.. I just find it weird that all did was shift my lunchtime to make the appointment,..and that they need a note
Old 07-23-2014, 03:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 13.06 MB
If you did it on your own time (lunch/not on the clock), they should not question that. What you do on their time is their business, what you do on your time is not. If it was a valid visit for health care, you shouldn't need a "note", though almost every doctor will provide one upon request, even days or weeks later. All you should need is a receipt. Obama care may have changed some rules (possibly to your benefit), yet we should all "get it in writing". There is probably a Florida legal aid society that can answer your questions better, and they'll answer your questions for free. Look them up.
Old 07-23-2014, 03:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 3.37 MB
You can do anything you want during your lunch hr. But if the company watch you by the minute, they going want to know why you come back late and they have the right to ask. But that mean the company your working for suck crap and the personal that doing the asking is not a very nice persona and may even be a @sshole by asking. Or, the company just don't like you :D

You do have "right" on your side based on just what little you told. Tell them - that @ss "no, I didn't asked for a doc note. Next time if I go see doc anain, I'll be sure to ask for one. Thanking for asking."

30+ yrs working, not once did I or anyone I know ever need to show a doc note for seeing doc or taken sick leaves. Did you look up the link? You should. You need to know your right. By the way, I meant to say employer not employee on my 1st post. Sry, my bad.
Google Adsense
Old 07-23-2014, 05:19 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
Deleted as requested

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 07-23-2014, 05:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 13.06 MB
Thanks Tex, for keeping me honest.... I owe you.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMCS View Post
Do you know if its legal for employer to request doctors note to show that you indeed went to the doctor?,.. I guess the better the question is do you know any employement attorney's ?,..

I requested a lunch hour schedule change so I could go to my doctors at lunch for check up,.. My company now has requested a doctors note so they can make sure that I filled out the proper form for schedule change,.. Even though I did it on my lunch hour,..
not knowing US law i can only guess,Im guessing they are being pains in ass and only even asked as you requested change in lunch break and they want proof of why.
Old 07-24-2014, 07:53 AM

Yes that's my point this company has been a pain in my butt going on 2 years now,.. They are very paranoid,.. Even when I took a week off to spend spring real with my kid they thought that it was a weird time for me you use half of my vacation,..
Old 07-24-2014, 07:56 AM

Is it even a thing I should pursue legal advice wise?,.. Or shall I wait till they Cause problems?
Google Adsense