PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 08-01-2014, 08:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockpaperscissor View Post
Isn't there some law against cruelty to dead horses?
No!

Conversations like these help everyone stay honest.

Mike
Old 08-01-2014, 08:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
The best bet is to get written consent..

Then there is the argument that a building in the public domain cannot "hide" it's image from the general public, unless trademarked you could model the building, give it a generic name and no identifying specifics unless the buildings actual design was copyrighted, the best bet is to get written consent from any copyright holder, avoid trademarked material, and use materials that YOU hold the rights to. (original materials)
Old 08-01-2014, 08:41 AM

Location: I live in Johanensburg South Africa, the real Gangsters Paradise!
Total Downloaded: 40.11 MB
On the prowl to tinker!!!!!! Be Warned
Old 08-01-2014, 09:24 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
How about Merry-Go-Rounds that never end? I could swear I've been on this ride at least three or four times in the past 6 months. The same arguments, the same point/counterpoint banter. Unless there has been some major change in copyright laws in July we all could save a lot of valuable model building time by just copy/pasting the entire previous thread on this topic onto this one - or maybe just include a link - save some bandwidth for the site.
Old 08-01-2014, 09:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 34.74 MB
it brings me to say to everyone I'm sorry about all this I think I made a big mistake on this copyright right issues! now I really spike the ball!! :(:(:(:(

(crying);( I'm really sorry?! I apologize to all!
Google Adsense
Old 08-01-2014, 09:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 219.9 KB
Your thought for the day.
Just suppose a person were to join this forum and 3 weeks later post a few apparently relevant comments but also slip in a post on the most controversial issue of concern within the forum. Wouldn't it be best to be a bit suspicious of the motivation and to totally ignore that post and simply wait to see what turns up next instead of rising to what might be bait.
After all that sort of pattern has been seen before.
Old 08-01-2014, 10:13 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Pay no attention to the man behind the Merry-Go-Round, Mike. Obviously there are quite a few members who enjoy tossing this topic around every month or so. I've grown tired of it, but if others haven't had their fill yet - may they have fun with this months installment.
Old 08-01-2014, 10:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 359.93 MB
Look, end of the day, it comes down to the individual designer/builder. We're all adults (or most of us are in some form), use your own judgement and intelligence to make the correct decision.

As Don has pointed out, this issue comes up repeatedly. End of the day, right or wrong, it's your choice. If you knowingly choose to pirate or infringe on copyrights, you should be prepared to face any consequences that may arise, whether legal or being banned from the forum.
Old 08-01-2014, 10:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 7.44 MB
Quote:
Pay no attention to the man behind the Merry-Go-Round, Mike. Obviously there are quite a few members who enjoy tossing this topic around every month or so. I've grown tired of it, but if others haven't had their fill yet - may they have fun with this months installment.
It's an important issue to some of us, if not to you, feel free not to read it... Perhaps there will be a change/clarification if it gets discussed frequently enough. If noone cares, everything seems to be fine and understood... which it is apparently not, as all cases you encountered during the past months show.
Old 08-01-2014, 10:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.02 GB
Quote:
Isn't there some law against cruelty to dead horses?
I haven't heard of any. They are quite tasty with sauce.
Google Adsense