PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 08-19-2014, 03:14 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Pacifica, Calif. near the coast over looking the Pacific Ocean near San Francisco
Total Downloaded: 842.88 MB
Humming Birds Flowers

Are there any models of flowers made from paper? I'm looking for a type of flower that a Humming Bird would feed on if that's possible. Thank you guys. wc
Google Adsense
Old 08-19-2014, 03:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Check out some of the flowers on this site:
Paper Flowers | Lia Griffith
The hibiscus would be a good choice.
You can get some good ideas to make other types of flowers.

Tapcho has a good picture of a humming bird and hibiscus paper model.
Johan Scheft's Hummingbird
Old 08-19-2014, 03:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.66 GB
A good site to check is the SS42.com site, click on free paper toys and then check in the birds and bugs section. and the zoo exotic, and maybe the seasonal ones.
Jeff
Old 08-19-2014, 08:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 59.62 MB
Can't swear to hummingbird compatibility, but Kirin, Canon, and several addtional sites have paper flowers. The Kirin URL is: www.Kirin.co.jp/entertainment/kids/papercraft/summer/flower.html.

At the Canon site, follow the directory path Gift & Card > Gift Items > paper flowers. (These flowers may be intended for bond paper -- the only way I could roll 67lb paper tight enough for stems was to cut an inch off the inside edge, then score several times for starting folds.)

Papermau has featured flowers, too -- which you can find by doing a search for "flowers."

Good luck.

With all this manual labor, I may not make it out of retirement alive.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 517.40 MB
Hi VC,
The hummingbird surely deserves a flower. I used this tutorial as my inspiration. I bought some red crepe paper and improvised the rest.

Tappi
Google Adsense
Old 08-20-2014, 12:15 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Pacifica, Calif. near the coast over looking the Pacific Ocean near San Francisco
Thank you guys very much for your ideas and help. I think I found what I needed. Great site and just what I was looking for and needed. Much thanks again. wc
Old 08-20-2014, 01:22 PM

If you're all fixed up, that's fine. Yet another option may be adapting Canon's hibiscus lei, from the chain Paper Craft > Parties & Events > Others > Lei: Hibiscus. Again, best of luck.

Old 08-22-2014, 11:24 AM
Eternal Member

The problem I am now faced with Yale is a matter of selection. Pick the right one and one easy enough for me to build. I think once this project is complete my wife for whom this project is being made for, will really like it. A pair of baby Humming Birds feeding while Mom watches. So as you can understand I don't want the flower to take away from the presentation but yet nice enough. I hope that makes sense. wc
Old 08-22-2014, 12:44 PM

Of course, WC -- perspective in all things. If you were building a brick wall, several of us might tell you where you could buy the bricks, but none of us would campaign for a particular store. Your asked where to find suitable flowers, we've pointed out several possible sources, and you won't hurt my feelings if you follow another person's suggestion. Best of luck with your project, I'm sure your wife will love it -- and please post a couple pictures.

Old 08-24-2014, 02:10 PM
Eternal Member

Thats guys, I had no idea there were that many site with flowers. When I Googled it I didn't find that many. Thanks again. wc
Google Adsense