PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 09-05-2014, 10:20 AM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
Ecardmodels.com looking for a few folks to help out!

Hello!
I am looking for 2-3 people to bring on staff at ecardmodels.com. Overall you will be helping insert new kits into the storefront. You will be writing original descriptions for the kit so you must have mastery of the English language and have good grammar, punctuation etc. You must like to write and research the subjects and kits. Of course there are some boring bits like counting parts and such. If you have a grasp of graphics designs to help making covers and such that is a definite plus. Even better if you have magento(the shopping cart) or sql experience - this is however not required.

I do not pay staff - I cant afford your health insurance Staff helps out because they enjoy the hobby and the experience. Plus you get full access to all kits offered in my shop. Realistically I make enough income off the shop to pay for all the infrastructure and payment gateway expenses and try to save the extra for improvements. My current initiative is a complete site overhaul to the latest version and new layout that will help promote the kits in a more appealing and modern way. It will also be more mobile friendly. I cant find anyone with the expertise to do this in exchange for some models so I am currently saving up.....

If interested or know someone that is drop me a line here or send a pm.
Thanks
Chris
Old 09-05-2014, 11:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 359.93 MB
Howzit Chris

I'm up for the challenge of playing a role in the growth of the store (and our hobby).

My photoshop skills need work, but I know how to research and write (a BSc is proof of this). Any other required skills, I'm happy to learn along the way.

Niki
Old 09-05-2014, 12:04 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
Hi!
I should have put this in the original message.... Because writing is such a big part of the job I would like to see a sample from everyone which I will pass on to the current staff members for rating personally I am really bad at it which is why I rely pretty heavily on the staff

I will eventually be carrying Murphs models in the shop. I would like everyone that wants to be considered to send me a sample description they would write for a kit of Aarons they like. It needs to be original writing. No copy and paste from WIKI etc. of course you can use those as research. Please send those via PM or email (let me know if you dont have my email)
thanks!
Chris

p.s. I could also use someone that wants to help with the newsletter (can be same person of course)