PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 09-28-2014, 06:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 614.80 MB
Advice for visit to Barcelona?

Hello to Iberian frinds past and future. In planning a visit to Barcelona, can you tell me if there are stores or shops tha sell paper models there? I know there are wonderful paper models of Catalonian architecture, and even paper dioramas of historical scenes. But where to find them in the "real world"? Many thanks in advance.
Old 09-28-2014, 08:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 414.21 MB
If you're staying more than a day I suggest you go to the mountaintop monastery of Montserrat, just be sure to take the cable car up (pilgrims climb up the hard way). It's a short commuter train ride from Barcelona, and was cheap when I went 10 years ago.

Can't help you with paper model shops although they do have the other kind - have lunch at La Vaca Paca if you're downtown. This is a good time to go, I went in summer and nearly got heatstroke!
Old 09-30-2014, 05:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 614.80 MB
Thanks for the advice. So far have seen lots of splendid architecture, and found one paper model - Editions Merino model of Casa Mila, aka La Perdrera, and that was in the gift shop of the house. I know there are many more, but no bookseller seems to know of them. Wrong type of store? A wonderful beautiful city, by the way. Cheers,
Old 09-30-2014, 11:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 517.40 MB
Hi Rob,
Here is a multipage listing of toy and hobby related stores in Barcelona area. I suggest you visit one of them and try to get new instructions from there. My search words were: ''tienda de maquetas de papel en barcelonal''.

Hope you find what you're looking for. Have a nice trip.

Tappi
Old 10-01-2014, 04:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 518.43 MB
I stayed at an hotel in Catalunya Square in 2009, at the top of the Ramblas. Opposite was a large department store called Cortes Ingles. If I remember they had a large toy and hobby dept upstairs. At the time I was after a memory card for my camera and my wife was waiting at the hotel, so I never had time to have a wander round it and see what goodies were on sale.
Google Adsense