PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 11-25-2014, 12:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 4.62 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by at6 View Post
I ended up opening links to each page and then saving them. Wish the Argo had instructions, but then it will still be fun to attempt it without them.
UHU02 San's step by step pictures of each of his model builds are his instructions. Google Translate produces a result that is a close simulation of English, especially when compared to the machine translations of other sites. I save his instruction pages using Google Chrome which has a click to translate button.

I have only had the courage to build his TinkerBelle, his simplest model, and it came out very well. I have picked up a several valuable techniques from going over his build photos, and have been keeping my eye out for Japanese brush pens at a near by art and paper supply store (Marco's Papers). I also realized he must be using made in Japan cutting blades, so I now check to make sure the ones I buy are made somewhere with a reputation for making decent steel (Japan, US, Taiwan). That made a huge improvement in the quality of my models.

UhU02's instructionals remind me of a physics class I took in college. I could follow the instructor while he was at the chalk board, but there was no way I could ever do the derivations myself.
Old 12-13-2017, 12:20 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 61.90 MB
Fully agreed Thorsten !
And what about free ?
Some 'designing' hobbyists deface their site in such a way that their 'free' has become a mockery. Not talking about the quality of their 'free stuff'.
Old 12-13-2017, 08:51 AM

Location: Ripon, WI, 20 mi from Oshkosh - center of the Aviation Universe
Total Downloaded: 1.51 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhu02 View Post
I am very sorry
I have built several of your kits, most recently your LEM. It is a masterpiece of design and the finished model is one of my most prized accomplishments as a modeller.

Your kits and your generosity in sharing them have enriched this hobby beyond measure. You have nothing to be sorry for.

--David
Old 12-13-2017, 09:08 AM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
Folks, this thread is over three years old. Leave it be please.

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!