PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 11-28-2014, 07:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.66 GB
Scott,
Sorry to hear the sad news about your house fire! Thank Heavens all of you are safe, and have a place to stay til you can go back home..
Regards,
Jeff
Old 11-28-2014, 09:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 76.03 MB
It's never a good thing to have a fire in the home, but at least you and your son were able to get it put out and that your family is safe. I hope things are able to be sorted out sooner than later.
Old 11-28-2014, 09:49 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Sorry to hear about the fire Scott. Glad you and your family are OK and have a warm place to stay for at least a few nights.
Old 12-01-2014, 04:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 6.62 GB
We're finally back at home, though repairs and cleanup continue. The floor was not fire damaged after all (I tried to tell them that), and the smell has gotten somewhat better. Biggest problem now is not being able to do laundry. The dryer is literally toast, and the firemen cut the connection hoses for the washer, rather than just disconnect them, and I can't afford new ones at the moment. Hopefully I can scrounge up enough quarters for a laundromat tonight.

Scott K.
Old 12-01-2014, 07:17 PM

Location: Ripon, WI, 20 mi from Oshkosh - center of the Aviation Universe
Total Downloaded: 1.51 GB
You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.
--David
Google Adsense
Old 12-01-2014, 08:35 PM

Thanks. We apparently need it more than ever. Right now I'm sitting in the emergency room's waiting room. My wife is in with our son, who has some sort of heart problem! A minor one, I think, not a full attack or anything, but really, enough is enough!

Scott K.
Old 12-01-2014, 09:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 1,012.17 MB
So sorry to hear about your troubles Scott. It seems that troubles usually come at us in bunches though I can't understand why.

Curt
Old 12-02-2014, 12:03 PM

Thanks, Curt.

Just got back from a follow-up with our doctor. Six plus hour in emergency, only to find no real heart problem, just accumulated stress, aggravated by the fire the other night. He was having similar symptoms for the past six months or so, however. Now, I'm going back to get his new stress and pain management prescriptions (and find a laundromat). I really hope we're done with all this nonsense now!

Also, sure is nice to get back on my "real" computer!

Scott K.
Old 12-16-2014, 10:26 PM

Still picking up the pieces here. A bit more cleaning, some repainting, and a light fixture replacement to go. Unfortunately, we never did find our missing cat. If she'd been hiding inside, she would have shown herself by now, it's been almost 3 weeks. We borrowed a Have-A-Heart trap from a local shelter, but no luck yet. I hope she's someplace warm, better yet inside with another family.

I'm hoping the washing machine is still functional, it's been outside covered by a tarp all this time. I need to replace the cut hoses, but haven't been able to afford that yet. Not looking forward to hauling even heavier baskets of wet laundry to the laundromat, but that'll save us a little money anyway. Finding another dryer, that's going to be a bit harder. I really don't want to buy another from Craigslist, that's where the one that failed came from.

LOTS of "hobby damage". I had a box upstairs that got knocked down and trampled, that had most of my large number of built and unbuilt B-58 plastic models in it, as well as a few others (It was a Big box!). Crunch! A couple are completely unrecognizable. All because the box was knocked down and repeatedly walked on. One dually pickup truck model was actually in the fire room, and the cab started to melt. Maybe I'll build that one into an accident diorama.

Below are a few pix of the worst of my paper casualties. Nothing I can't replace (lets hear it for paper!), but the loss of Pino's "Sweet Dreams" is a bit disheartening, as I built it for my wife for Christmas 2 years ago. All because they were on or about my computer, which is too close to the front door we never use, which was opened to help vent the smoke in the house. REALLY good thing my external backup drive which was knocked down and apparently stepped on was much tougher than the first one I had.

Scott K.
Attached Thumbnails
Disaster-s-1d.jpg   Disaster-zen-dest.jpg   Disaster-konig-conv.jpg   Disaster-sheepwrecked.jpg   Disaster-lp-wreck.jpg  

Disaster-shuttle-1.jpg   Disaster-shuttle-2.jpg  
Old 12-17-2014, 08:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 71.45 MB
Hey Scott. Sorry to hear about your recent troubles. Glad to hear everyone is ok and that things weren't worse than they are. Hopefully better things are coming your way.
Google Adsense