PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 05-25-2009, 02:09 PM
Aviation Moderator

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
Happy Memorial Day!

Just wanted to post a thanks to all the current and former US Military persons - thanks for everything you give for your country
Old 05-25-2009, 04:55 PM

Gary Owen! I concur, read you five by five, thanks for remembering.
Old 05-25-2009, 05:17 PM

semper fi, mac!!! Thanks 4 remembering guys. Lock and load!!!! uuuuuuuurrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!
Old 05-26-2009, 07:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Thanks for the good sentiment, Dan.

I hope you and your family had a good long weekend. It's appropriate to remember what the day is for, but it is also a good chance to get together with friends and family during one of the nicest weekends of the year and to enjoy the transition to summer. Every Memorial Day weekend, WRTI, the Temple University Public Radio station, which we listen to all the time, programs American composers during the classical music period (0600-1800), much of it appropriate to remembering fallen servicepeople, and the jazz period (1800 until 0600 the next day) consists entirely of music from World War II, both with intermittent commentary from the station staff about the various ceremonies taking place in the area and other commentary on the meaning of the day. I have always thought they had it about right. Lil and I listen to the music, enjoy the back garden, grill some brats, and remember some friends and family no longer with us.

Don

Last edited by Don Boose; 05-26-2009 at 07:45 AM.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
belated Memorial Day greetings

It is unfortunate that many of these occasions of memorial have become little more than civic holidays for many people. However, as long as they have signifigance for those of us who remember and acknowledge the efforts and sacrifices of those that have served and presently serve, these days will profit us all.

Duty with Honour

J.D. Parsons, CD
Chief Petty Officer First Class
Maritime Command Pacific HQ
Victoria, BC Canada
Google Adsense
Old 05-26-2009, 09:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 92.57 MB
Don, nice idea and sentiments, what else would the sacrifrice of others be for but to enjoy our friends and family in peace. I think it was John Glenn's book where he recalls the small town Memorial Day of his youth, eye opening for me, as has not been celebrated that way at our local lake, most folks are playing on the lake (although cold usually) and enjoying the start of summer. My son and his friend were swimming as long as they could stand it, fishing, canoeing, and then back swimming again!