PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 05-31-2009, 08:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
Make money with Google-NOT

I saw an add for a way to pick up some extra cash by working online with Google, posting links ans so on. It was not free, the disc cost $1.97 shipping. The add explained how Google is a reputable company and so on. So I signed up for it...big mistake.

I got a confirmation call a week later asking me a little about my goals and so on. I said that I just need something part time to do to pick up a little extra cash as I am home all day with 5 kids. Yah, I am a House Husband...but any how...everything seemed fine. He told me I will be getting the disc soon, follow the instructions on the disc and so on...and oh yah, can we sign you up for these trial programs?

Now, I know enough about "trial" programs to know better so I said no thank you. He said three come with the disc but would be canceled and gave me the numbers to call to confirm. I called those three numbers, got the cancellation numbers and still all seemed well.

Now I got a $72.00 charge on my bank card from "A-1 members". It is a company Google signed me up with. I was not told about it. The three trial offers that came with the disc are canceled, but this is out of the blue.

I found out on line that I am not the only one surprised by A-1, an off shore company. Now I have to cancel my card, file fraud charges and pay the OD charge this caused. What a mess.

The worst part is they do a good job making it seem real. The pay offered is good but not out of this world. The whole too good to be true thing never crosses your mind because it seems like just a good part time job from home.

Don't be fooled folks.

My wife host a radio Talk Show on Saturday night Midnight to 2AM. Next week she may cover a little bit on this. I rally hate being taken!
Google Adsense
Old 05-31-2009, 12:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
I'm going to sound like a pontificating, self-righteous prick here, Chris - but - I'm sorry - if you respond to ads like that, you're asking for it. Do you really believe that someone who found a way to make easy money would tell other people about it? These people aren't interested in you creating a great business with their information. That's just the product they sell: The promise of easy money through "confidential" information on a disk, or a book or report. Oftentimes you also have to subscribe to (or are subscribed to in the fine-print) some recurring billing scheme where you're charged a small amount each month and receive "benefits" of questionable value. Trust me: The only people getting rich on these schemes are the ones selling them to you, and the only reason they flourish is because there's always somebody who takes the bait.

I'm sorry it was you this time!

Cheers,

Oliver
Old 05-31-2009, 01:15 PM

Interesting how once Google got up and running their motto of "Do no wrong" has become something of a laugh. What with their participation in censoring information in Asia and their involvement in projects that allow the tracking of individuals. Seeing this kind of ripping off of the common man is not surprising.
Old 05-31-2009, 01:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 125.24 MB
Is that the ad that says "Google pays me $137 an hour"? I think I've seen that one. A sincere looking blue collar type guy tells how he paid all his bills with money he made doing this thing for Google. I have to admit I was briefly tempted to follow up, but didn't. Sorry this happened to you and I hope it doesn't end up costing you any more money.
Old 05-31-2009, 01:57 PM
Eternal Member

If you read one of these in future type the name of the company or some key sentence into google which will actually tell you it's a scam.

Google Adsense
Old 05-31-2009, 02:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
I did some research fellas before deciding on this ad. I only found out about the scam end of things after I got charged and the "A_1" info was on the account. Anything to do with Google ad posting come back as real, at least in a basic search. The company was even featured on some money stories on ABC and CNN. It comes on not as a get rich quick plan using secret info but as a JOB posting link on internet sites, and getting paid per hit or post.

My wife works on line doing data entry and has for years so the idea of getting paid to do other peoples internet work is not an unheard of idea for me, and Google make it sound like a job offer.