PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 12-03-2016, 08:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.24 GB
Dear Friends:
That is a good thought to go with a pen that you can see the ink. I am reminded of the old bumper stickers that said she who dies with the most fabric wins. At least collecting electronic paper models does not take up much space and collecting different scoring tools will fit in a cup on the work bench. Just pulled a work pen apart to see if it is clear plastic or not(they get cheaper than Bik).
Thanks,
Miles
Old 12-03-2016, 11:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 248.80 MB
I too have had an EMPTY pen start working so I made a tool, It's a small file handle tool, it has files inside the handle. I got a small (1/16) brass rod and rounded a point on it and put in the file handle. Works great, the brass slides well on paper (the pic makes the point look sharper than it is)......Rich

Empty Pen Guts?-img_0061.jpg

Empty Pen Guts?-img_0064.jpg
Old 12-05-2016, 01:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 185.31 MB
Yet another option is buying an embossing pen (steel ball stylus). If you don't know what I am talking about google it. They come in different tip sizes down to sizes comparable to a ball pen. No worries about inky accidents.
Old 12-06-2016, 12:49 AM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Miles,

For a comfortable pen that is nice to use, why don't you pull the plastic "INK" straw away from the metal ball end and flush with rubbing alcohol to clean it? Flush the ball section as well-then you know it is empty.... Just pulled one apart and it was easy putting it back together.... The kind that clicks to extend the ball for writing is the type of pen, just did this to.

Mike