PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 01-11-2017, 01:44 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Pacifica, Calif. near the coast over looking the Pacific Ocean near San Francisco
Total Downloaded: 842.88 MB
Dual Lens Flip-In Head Magnifier Broke

Dual Lens Flip-In Head Magnifier MH1047L
My handy dandy head magnifier has finial broken down. The one I did have is from SE. Mag from 1.5 to 10.5 x with a Loupe. It's the MH1047L model. I've had it a long time so I guess it's time to look for a replacement and I was hoping for find a model better and stronger. I'm hoping one of you has some ideas. It has twin LED light. I sure someone has a better idea then what I have been using. I did do a Google search and kept going around and around with out finding anything better. Thanks guys and gals. wc
Google Adsense
Old 01-11-2017, 02:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Not sure how much you are wanting to pay or what you have looked at.

Here is a magnifier that is like the one used on Bones found on the Widget Supply site.
Follow the path Hobby Tool>Magnifiers>Wearable to see all that is available or search SAC1-MH1047L to go directly to the item. It lists for $8.49 as of today and what ever shipping is charged.

The two LED lights are centered above the eyes and can be swiveled L/R and tilted U/D.
Old 01-11-2017, 02:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 263.00 MB
I got mine from Widget Supply. It has dual lenses and a loupe and an LED light which is quite handy. It was even "as seen on Bones". Anyhoo, I think it ran about $10.

Beard
Old 01-11-2017, 02:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 205.96 MB
Harbor freight has a visor with 5 or 6 different lenses for around $20 bucks
Old 01-11-2017, 02:39 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Pacifica, Calif. near the coast over looking the Pacific Ocean near San Francisco
Total Downloaded: 842.88 MB
Thank you Doug, good tip. The one I have now is like that one. It's model MH1047L with 4 magnifications power from 1.5x to 9x then there is the loupe lens taking it to 10.5x. I night have to replace it with the same. I've had a while now and thought there might be something out there stronger. Thank you for the help. I appreciate your help a lot. Harbor freight is next. Thanks Doug J. wc
Google Adsense
Old 01-11-2017, 07:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.24 GB
Dear Wad Cutter:
Go talk to your Surgeon, The medical field will have stronger ones but the price will be in the high hundreds. Try Surplus Medical Supplies.
Miles