PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 01-27-2017, 06:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 7.83 MB
Upload issues

I tried numerous times to upload multiple pictures but while I can can select them from my album, only the first one will actually upload. If I try adding some, again the first one replaces the one already uploaded. I have used this feature many times in the past, what am I doing wrong?

"Oh wisdom thou are fled to brutish beasts and men have lost their reason" (Bill Shakespear)
Google Adsense
Old 01-28-2017, 06:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 678.6 KB
Ive been expeiiencing the same thing. I sent a PM to the admins but unfortunately have not received a reply.
Old 01-28-2017, 09:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 171.54 MB
Is this to the member albums or individual threads? When did it start? I can let Jason know as this may have occurred from the last update.
Old 01-28-2017, 10:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 762.7 KB
Hi 3Turner.
I'm having the same problem posting to threads.
Old 01-28-2017, 11:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 678.6 KB
Possible solution???

I did not encounter this issue until I upgraded my smartphone to one with a much higher megapixel camera. Remembering that I also encountered this problem with my new SLR camera that has a much higher resolution than my old 3 mega pixel stand by got me to thinking that maybe the files were too large to upload

This may be it! I just took a bunch of pictures with my old camera and was able to successfully upload all of the images at the same time.

Not sure if this is the problem or not but it worked for me. Never the less It's worth checking out.

Good Luck!
Google Adsense
Old 01-28-2017, 11:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 553.70 MB
Hi All,

The following recently appeared in Bionic Modeler's thread on his fine model of a B-24J. It may be of some use here...

Hi All,

And hi, Bionic Modeler. That's a handsome looking J model you have there. My dad was in 24's too, and I'm anxious to see more of your photographs.

A few months ago, I was having the same trouble uploading multiple pictures. I found that if I uploaded one photo, then turned off the upload box, then started over with a new box, I could upload the number of photos I wanted. It's extra work, and I can't make any promises, but it may be worth a try.

Score and fold,

Thumb Dog

And from missileer...

I just tried Thumb Dog's method for uploading multiple photos and it works as long as you use a different line for each photo.

I hope this helps.

Score and fold,

Thumb Dog
Old 01-28-2017, 03:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
i find i can upload photos into threads no problem but when i have tried to upload scans of model covers into build threads it wont allow and mentions something about missing security tokens???have asked several times but no luck
Old 01-28-2017, 06:32 PM

Okay, now since I just posted putting 10 images in one post....my next questions. See here: 2016 Ecardmodels New Kit Releases Thread

How are you uploading/attaching the photo to the posts?
Are any of you resizing the photos BEFORE uploading?

Tim, I noticed in your B-24 thread, all the images in each post are named "image.jpg"....could be the forum is preventing images with the same name from being uploaded all at once into one post.

And as an aside....Thumb Dog, what do you mean by "I found that if I uploaded one photo, then turned off the upload box, then started over with a new box, I could upload the number of photos I wanted."

The way I upload to a post there is no upload box to turn off.
Old 01-28-2017, 10:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 553.70 MB
Hi All,

And hi, 3Turner. When I first joined Papermodelers.com. I was told by a helpful member to enter my text into the message box, hit the Go Advanced button below, and click on the paper clip that appears in the next message screen in order to post photographs. When I click on the paper clip, the "upload box" appears on my screen, as shown below...

I think of this as the "upload box", but its true name is Manage Attachments. Sorry for the confusion. When the current uploading problem flares up, I load one photo into the first small rectangular box at the top of the five boxes. In order to turn off the "Upload Box" I click on the X in the upper right corner, closing it, and then reopen it by clicking the paper clip a second time. I enter another photo into the small rectangular box, close, reopen and so on. As I said before, even though it is a bit more work, this solution has worked for me in the past, but mysteriously, all these problems and solutions seem to vary from one user to another.

Best of luck,

Score and fold,

Thumb Dog
Attached Thumbnails
Upload issues-upload-box.jpg  
Old 01-30-2017, 08:36 AM

Ah, ok. I also use the manage attachments box....however, I don't have to open/close the manage attachment box. I click the top "Browse" buttons in the "Upload file from your computer" section. Once I have 5 uploaded by click the top right upload button. The box will refresh with no upload links and then I browse 5 more files to upload....but I think the limit is 20 attached files per post.
Google Adsense