PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 02-15-2017, 08:54 PM

Location: Ripon, WI, 20 mi from Oshkosh - center of the Aviation Universe
Total Downloaded: 1.51 GB
Orders direct from Answer to USA?

Has anyone ordered from Answer to the USA?
They have a kit I want but I've never ordered from them.
Advice?
--David
Google Adsense
Old 02-16-2017, 06:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 26.66 MB
It may have changed now but up until last year they were pretty unreliable on speed of process/dispatch (both trade & retail sales!).
There is a discussion about them - slowness & refusal to respond to emails on the board somewhere.
Never heard of anyone being ripped off but definitely unpredictable process/response time.

I suggest that you try someone who has stock of the model like Orlik (never heard a bad thing about Orlik & always they've been good to me) or GPM.
You can also request an Answer product from these guys & they might have better luck getting it for you.
HTH
Old 02-16-2017, 06:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 591.57 MB
as above also see if gpm.pl has that kit. they are pretty quick and reliable.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by hirondelle View Post
It may have changed now but up until last year they were pretty unreliable on speed of process/dispatch (both trade & retail sales!).
There is a discussion about them - slowness & refusal to respond to emails on the board somewhere.
Never heard of anyone being ripped off but definitely unpredictable process/response time.

I suggest that you try someone who has stock of the model like Orlik (never heard a bad thing about Orlik & always they've been good to me) or GPM.
You can also request an Answer product from these guys & they might have better luck getting it for you.
HTH
living in new zealand i also have bought from orlik,great service. i also buy from scaldis and zeistbouwplaten in holland and shreiber and hmv in germany again with no issues.zeistbouwplaten certainly stock some answer models
Old 02-16-2017, 10:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 713.11 MB
Ditto on all of the above. A few years ago, one of the polish vendors was prone to "lose"orders. Very apologetic, but they got your $ & you got nothing.

I recently ordered & received a printed Hindenburg kit via Ebay from a polish seller. It took a little while, but got here okay. I go through PayPal, NEVER give my CC number out directly. Go direct,take your chances. IMHO -YMMV

The German outfits are great. tell them what you want to order & they'll respond with and exact price pretty quickly. I love the "Bitte, Nicht Knicken" (Please, Do Not Bend) stamp on the mailing envelope! :-)

Buena Suerte, Amigo!
Google Adsense
Old 02-16-2017, 10:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdog View Post
Ditto on all of the above. A few years ago, one of the polish vendors was prone to "lose"orders. Very apologetic, but they got your $ & you got nothing.

I recently ordered & received a printed Hindenburg kit via Ebay from a polish seller. It took a little while, but got here okay. I go through PayPal, NEVER give my CC number out directly. Go direct,take your chances. IMHO -YMMV

The German outfits are great. tell them what you want to order & they'll respond with and exact price pretty quickly. I love the "Bitte, Nicht Knicken" (Please, Do Not Bend) stamp on the mailing envelope! :-)

Buena Suerte, Amigo!
all the suppliers i mentioned will also email you and inform you when goods are despatched if you ask them
Old 02-17-2017, 06:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 924.73 MB
My personal experience with Answer was very bad. I had to wait more than a year to receive my paid order. My E mails never were answered. Finally i claim to Polish Customer Office and.... miracle !!!! My order arrived after 13 monts!!!

Now i always order with Orlik: fast delivery, good & friendly communication and they use to find to me some items of other publishers that are not listed.

Last edited by CIUTTSO; 02-17-2017 at 06:21 AM.
Old 02-17-2017, 02:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 591.57 MB
by the way which model were you wanting, one of us might just have it.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:30 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
David,

I poked around the Answer/Angraf site a bit this evening, and was confused with their listings
For instance, there are 6 listings for a 2P16 Luna, which is only correct for the first link, to the actual kit of the Luna, the other 5 are showing other covers, but the same Luna name in the link, adding the kit to the cart shows the right cover, wrong name.

If Answer/Angraf wants our hard earned money, even with the new kits that have come out, and soon to be released, they would be wise to spend some time in updating their website, and make it more informative

Rick
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 02-18-2017, 10:41 AM

Location: Ripon, WI, 20 mi from Oshkosh - center of the Aviation Universe
Total Downloaded: 1.51 GB
Thank you all for your advice. I found the kit at Orlik and ordered it.
Google Adsense