PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 03-31-2017, 08:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 713.11 MB
The early jet engines with centrifugal compressors were fairly slow to spool up from idle to a point to where they produced any usable thrust.
Later technology engines with axial flow compressors, like in the F-86, were much more responsive.

Various methods / procedures were used to keep the engine rpm / power higher on final approach in order to reduce spool up time. For example, in the T-37 Tweetie Bird - with the J69 - the speed brake was open & full flaps (increasing lift & drag) on final approach to increasing drag & the power setting required to maintain airspeed & glide slope. If you needed to go around, you closed the speed brake (quickly reducing drag) as power was advanced. I seemed to go around a lot! :-)
Old 03-31-2017, 01:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.88 MB
Y'all might enjoy this website,
http://www.ejectionsite.com/
Quote:
Welcome to The Ejection Site. This sites goal is to educate and entertain people of all interests with details on one of the most interesting fields of engineering. People often ask me why I say that, and here is my answer. Egress systems are nearly unique in the world of technology as they are intended to exist for extended periods and then at need perform an extremely complex and often precise series of events to save a persons life. These systems must work 100% of the time when called upon, whether or not they have been recently checked out or not. They are in an environment where they are exposed to extremes of vibration and G-forces, heat and cold, and must still work. Modellers- this site was partially done for you. As a modeller myself it was always a real pain to locate details on the ejection seats, which to me is one of the most visible parts of a model's cockpit. So, here you are, color photos and details on many different seats.