PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 03-26-2017, 02:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.43 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotham View Post
So, Disney have started tinkering with SW canon. Now, apparently, Han Solo is not that character's real name. OK, I admit, going by the state of the world, and the horrific event down in London, this is less than minor, but it is still (very) mildly annoying. The crux of the matter is, will Disney now play fast and loose with the SW universe now that they own it ? This is another example of big companies mucking about with their property in order to create controversy.
Probably so...

JJAbrams RUINED Star Trek-- now he's ruining Star Wars...

Oh well-- at least we have the old stuff to enjoy!

Later! OL J R
Old 03-26-2017, 03:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 591.57 MB
It is just pathetic about hollywood not having anything new. my son read me a list of do-overs that just annoys me to the bones. how can you improve the matrix? the terminator series, and a host of other classics revamped. given a remake of starship troopers in the line of heinline would probably be better or the creature from the black lagoon but come on new stuff.
Old 03-26-2017, 03:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 267.07 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke strawwalker View Post
Probably so...

JJAbrams RUINED Star Trek-- now he's ruining Star Wars...

Oh well-- at least we have the old stuff to enjoy!

Later! OL J R
Nothing truer than that . . .
Old 03-26-2017, 04:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.88 MB
Ya know, come to think of it, that thing about that not being his real name in a galaxy far far away brings to mind that in all my half-century plus of life here on this planet under my feet, I have never seen a news story where neighbors or coworkers were shocked to learn this person they though they knew turned out to have been living under an assumed name and had a less than above the law past, yeah, that never happens here.
Old 03-26-2017, 05:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.02 GB
Just wait until you see the one where Hans Solo becomes Caitlyn Solo.
Google Adsense
Old 03-26-2017, 06:18 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
ever have that annoying friend that tells you back the same story that you told them, with stupid embellishments that only tick you off and make you wish you never heard it in the first place?

Last edited by elliott; 03-28-2017 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Keeping it family friendly
Old 03-26-2017, 07:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Are assumed names that strange? I would think a smuggler would almost have to be using an assumed name. I'm a history buff. My relatives on all but one line can be traced back centuries, but one line has my great great grandfather mysteriously appearing in Missouri during the Daniel Boone/Spanish era. My great grandfather told my grandfather that his dad was run out of town on a rail, changed his name and came to Missouri, and to just leave it at that.

To me, an assumed name isn't that big a deal. Depending on what that name is and what backstory they create
Old 03-27-2017, 03:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 488.89 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revell-Fan View Post
Han was supposed to die in "Return of the Jedi". Both George and Harrison felt there was not much story to tell so having Han encased in Carbonite sounded like the perfect opportunity to let him die. I don't know what caused the change of heart, maybe it was the strong popularity among the fans, maybe someone stepped forward and mentioned, the movie was perfect to release the same action figure version of the character, but this time sporting a trench coat to make people buy it again.
Ford said in some interview that when he wanted to kill Solo for greater emotional impact of the story in part VI, Lucas said to him that figures of dead man would not sell to good.

They can do whatever they want with star wars univers. And they did already. Old extended univers is no longer true - all are just legends.

All important and interesting events were already told. So now with new universe they can write/draw/record new stuff freely again to make money for themselfs.

But that is fine for me. I am not insulted. I just pick what I want and ignore rest of it. It is all fiction after all

Extensions for X-wing
Old 03-27-2017, 07:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 426.34 MB
Han was the pet nerf's name!
Old 03-27-2017, 07:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnGay View Post
Han was the pet nerf's name!
I can see them throwing that line into the next movie
Google Adsense