PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 04-19-2017, 09:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.02 GB
I've lost another bark angel

Today I lost my little dog, Trixie. While she was legally the shelter's dog, she was my perpetual foster baby. Atr 4:20 PM today she was put down. She lost her battle with Cryptosporidia and there was nothing more that could be done for her. I loved her to the very end and always told her that she was worth every effort. Dogs understand more than anyone ever gives them credit for and she knew that she was loved at all times. If asked to go through this again with another dog, I most likely will as they need love to their very last moments of life. I may have Had her for 11 months but I grieve for her as if I had her for her 15 years of life;. That is how attached I became to her. I will always love her since she joined my life a week after I lost Rosie and now I grieve for two dogs at once. AND YES IT IS WORTH ALL OF THE SORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for taking time time to read this. If I'm a little incoherent it is because I'm drinking the pain away tonight.
Attached Thumbnails
I've lost another bark angel-100_1524.jpg   I've lost another bark angel-100_1538.jpg   I've lost another bark angel-100_1525.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 04-19-2017, 09:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 890.46 MB
Oh ! I am so sorry to hear this. As a fellow animal lover, I think I might understand a little of how you are feeling. But, let me encourage you to keep your chin up. You have done more than your share by taking care of other creatures. My hat is off to you ! Best wishes. AndrewO in San Jose Calif
Old 04-19-2017, 09:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.13 GB
Sorry for your loss. Losing a pet is not an easy thing, they quickly become a part of the family and their loss is difficult to deal with but you did all you could for her and I believe she knew that.
Old 04-19-2017, 09:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 452.18 MB
Damn, dude.

So sorry to hear this. Good on you for sticking by her, and for willing to go through it again for the next one.

Trixie has such a sweet, intelligent expression in those pictures.
Old 04-19-2017, 10:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.02 GB
Thank you so much. She knew that she was loved and today she was wanting to go. I told her that across the Rainbow bridge there was someone waiting to hold her again. Her first owner was eagerly awaiting her arrival and would love always as I had during my short time as her "DADDY". Her first "owner" was my friend"s father and she"s in in his arms now where she belongs forever. It was my privilege to have her at the end and I would never trade the time for anything even if she was a 24 hr a day job during these last few weeks. Tonight for the first time in a couple months, I will lay my head down on a pillow rather than sleep fully dressed in a reclining chair. I thank God for allowing me to care for her.
Google Adsense
Old 04-19-2017, 11:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.88 MB
Aw man, sorry. To give love is important and she was given love by you who gave.
That is a good thing.
Old 04-19-2017, 11:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
That's too bad.
Old 04-20-2017, 12:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
as a pet owner i know what youre feeling.sorry to hear of your loss
Old 04-20-2017, 05:49 AM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
I'm sorry to hear this. She looks a beautiful dog and companion.
But I'm also happy to read how you cared for her.
Those animals deserve all the care one can give.

Old 04-20-2017, 07:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
It's always rough. I take a slightly different route ... feral cats. Yes, I get attached to them, but I know they aren't long for this world. So it doesn't hurt as bad when they stop coming around.

It's the ones that we bring into our homes that really hurt. You are showing great courage getting ready to do this again, even as you grieve. Thank you for your concern for these little guys that can't take care of themselves.
Google Adsense