PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 05-02-2017, 10:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.02 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by whulsey View Post
at6, that was my thought when I lived in Orange County except for earthquakes. Growing up in Oklahoma were some times of the year, it almost became not are we going to have tornadoes, but how many plus floods, ice storms and the occasional edge of a hurricane coming up from the Gulf. And now they're having more earthquakes then California. Then here in Phoenix area, the main thing to worry about is heat stroke and the occasional haboob.
If the ground shakes here, it's another area's quake. Don't you also get rattlesnakes in you neighborhood?
Old 05-02-2017, 11:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Have yet to see one, but I live in a in fill area between a older section of Phoenix and old town Glendale. I don't do much out in the desert or hill climbing especially in the summer, so leave them their area and they stay out of my neighborhood. Now in Oklahoma saw a few. Had a cousin that was bit by one when he was a teenager. Didn't kill him, but we assume that's one of the factors that let to a heart attack when he was in his early 50's.
Old 05-02-2017, 05:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.02 GB
We used to see them in the city when I lived Birmingham Alabama as child. We even killed a Pygmy Rattler in the front yard. I've seen a total 5 or 6 snakes here in town and with exception of one they were Gopher snakes. That one was a Garter snake from the canal behind my mother's house.