PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 04-30-2017, 03:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.88 MB
I didn't think Missouri had a monsson season.

Wait a minute, I didn't think Missouri had a monsoon season.

Image from page of US National Weather Service for our riverbank burg.
Google Adsense
Old 04-30-2017, 03:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.13 GB
My part of southwest Missouri has just been officially designated as the new Missouri Ocean and I own beach front property - lots of it.
Old 04-30-2017, 03:54 PM

Mom has family in the Branson area and a couple other towns down in lake territory.
In other data, this river levels page is interesting; give a moment for gauge locations to load on map, NOAA - National Weather Service - Water
Old 05-01-2017, 05:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.25 GB
Missouri Monsoon

I live 1/2 mile from Powersite Dam on Lake Taneycomo. From the street in front of my home I can see the lake. Right now it is a very lovely shade of cappachino brown. [If my spelling is wrong, it's because I don't drink the stuff!] As of last night [4/30/17] at 6 PM the U.S. Corps of Engineers were releasing 60,000+ cubic feet of water/second from Table Rock Lake into Lake Taneycomo. Flash Flood Warnings are in place until at least 12:45 PM 5/1/17.
Old 05-01-2017, 07:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
I went to the folks this weekend and I was afraid I was going to get trapped. On MO-13 north of Warrensburg, I got into a stretch where the ditches were full and water was pouring onto the roadway from intersecting roads. I always think these people are morons that drive into water and have their cars swept away, but now I can see how you can get into a situation where you can get trapped in a matter of minutes into a situation where you don't have any other option.

Good luck with the water going down. Most of Saturday's flooding was receding when I came home yesterday. I hope you all were as lucky. The folks had a little over 7 inches between Friday evening and Sunday evening
Google Adsense
Old 05-01-2017, 08:01 AM

Location: No longer living in NYC. Mooresville, NC is my home now.
Total Downloaded: 2.51 GB
Everyone stay safe out there. That's all that matters. That's coming from someone that's house was destroyed by hurricane Sandy.
Just be safe!!!!
Old 05-01-2017, 09:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.02 GB
And to think, my sister used to wonder why I stayed here in Fresno. California without all of the disasters, and none of the floods, tornadoes, hurricanes, plus other problems associated with life in the East, Midwest, or the Gulf coast and Eastern seaboard. Stay safe my friends.
Old 05-01-2017, 11:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
at6, that was my thought when I lived in Orange County except for earthquakes. Growing up in Oklahoma were some times of the year, it almost became not are we going to have tornadoes, but how many plus floods, ice storms and the occasional edge of a hurricane coming up from the Gulf. And now they're having more earthquakes then California. Then here in Phoenix area, the main thing to worry about is heat stroke and the occasional haboob.
Old 05-01-2017, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin_King View Post
I always think these people are morons that drive into water and have their cars swept away, but now I can see how you can get into a situation where you can get trapped in a matter of minutes into a situation where you don't have any other option
Yep, it is possible to come around a corner or crest a rise, and whoa! At the other end, I don't understand people who have time to make a thought out decision to go for it - much like people who apply the effort to drive around lowered railroad crossing gates.

Now I see my misspelling of monsoon.

Here's a neat river levels website for the US, including lower 48, Alaska, Hawai'i, and Puerto Rico, NOAA - National Weather Service - Water
Allow a moment for all the gauge locations to load on main map.

I live in a little antebellum river landing town on the Missouri River. Flooding isn't going to be overly much of an issue for our burg but the one other side of river lies quite a bit lower.
Old 05-01-2017, 09:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 404.44 MB
i live in Steelville and flood waters nearly cut us off completely several bridges and roads damaged and/or washed out. The mayor of the town comes into the diner i work at everyday and this morning i asked him if we could rename the town Atlantis
Google Adsense