PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 05-25-2017, 09:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
Terror in the way of bombs is one of the most effective ways to weaken a community in several aspects.

You just can't imagine how it was to grow up in Colombia in the late 1980s and early 1990s.

We used to have even more tragic bombings every week (yes, every week, and sometimes more than once each week) thanks to the war between the drug cartels and the government.

There were times were you literally didn't knew if you would return home at night. And bombs were so common in daily life you used to say in the morning "well, let's see where a bomb explodes today, and hope is not in our way". Parks, airplanes, office buildings, residential neighborhoods in both rich and poor zones, parking lots, schools, police stations, buses, randoms businesses and houses... everything was a target.

Thousands of lives were lost to bombs in those dark times. Children, elders, common people who had nothing to do with violence. Politics and law enforcement personalities also fell to bombs but those were the few. Common people suffered the most.

And we still have not recovered completely from the scars left behind.

Other countries also suffered a lot in the past. Spain had to deal with separatist ETA's bombs for decades since the 1960s. Ireland suffered as well for other reasons and for long times too. And there are more, usually unnoticed because of the countries not being powerful in the world, or the bombs not hitting a famous singer concert and the news being spread through the social media immediately.

Unfortunately, violent people make the louder noises. In the end they get what they deserve. But it takes some time to weaken them.

Restoring social confidence is not easy. There will always be scars left behind even when you heal.

And remember that you don't become a better person by using the same violence against violent people.

Any cause is a just cause for those who believe in it. Trying to understand their reasons is the most difficult thing to do, as cultural, social, religious and traditional background is so different. And it usually ends is just being aware that things are different for each other, and we may never completely agree with anything the other says. And figuring out a way to live together without killing each other is a huge task.

But the ends does not justify any means. Using violence to support any cause automatically nullifies it.
Even A-bombing thousands of innocent people to end a war does not make that ideal end of a conflict any less bloody.

Last edited by Rubenandres77; 05-25-2017 at 09:18 AM.
Old 05-25-2017, 10:49 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.02 GB
I would agree with life in prison for them Solitary confinement with no form of contact inside or out, eating garbage until the day they finally die. Any judge ruling against that punishment would have to be given the same sentence as a "co-conspirator" with the terrorists.
Old 05-25-2017, 11:31 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.75 GB
at6 - with you on that. Weren't people dropped into holes in the ground in medieval times ? Make the tops open to all weathers.
Old 05-25-2017, 02:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
I do like the concept of global economy and loosened borders, etc., but maybe it is too loose. I like the freedom of the internet, but so do the terrorists and other wacko's.

It seems that if someone who is a natural-born citizen travels to a known hot-bed of terrorism, more red flags should pop up. But he could have been like me. I'd like to go to Libya sometime to see where my mom's uncle is buried (assuming it hasn't been vandalized). But as the world stands, I doubt I'll ever go there.

It's hard to criminalize thoughts, and until something drastic happens, there really isn't a 'criminal' prosecutable act. Then it is too late.

It seems like there ought to be an answer, but the 'answers' make us almost as bad as the criminals.

Like Rubén said, we can't become as bad as they are to combat them, and while the crap goes on, it's the common folk who bear the brunt of it.

We should get more angry about these things even when they aren't in our own back yards.
Old 05-25-2017, 11:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by at6 View Post
I would agree with life in prison for them Solitary confinement with no form of contact inside or out, eating garbage until the day they finally die. Any judge ruling against that punishment would have to be given the same sentence as a "co-conspirator" with the terrorists.
was thinking the same.blacked out single cell,no human contact,no food,no water,no sanitation.lock them up and throw away the keys.come back after some time and clear the trash out in rubbish bags and dispose.no publicity of sentence.let them die unknown.
Google Adsense