PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 06-06-2017, 04:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Items in Hobbit's Backroom store on eBay !

Hobbit's Backroom still has Birdmobile kits at reasonable prices, but no Osprey on offer at the moment.

A few years back now, my son phoned me saying he'd just seen a Birdmobile Osprey in a Charity Shop for £5 ... did I want it? Errr, double check to see how many they've got and buy 'em all son. Sorry guys, but they only had one. The original is still awaiting me to build it, but I did copy and shrink it to half size on A4 sheets and built that. It is a true masterpiece of a model and a joy to build. He's still hanging around in my conservatory.

One day I will build the full size one, and I also want to build a double sized Canon Bald Eagle to go with it, but where the heck do you put huge models like that when they're done? They're gonna have to hang in the stair well I think.
Old 06-06-2017, 08:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 29.49 MB
I have always wanted a 1:24 Bell P-63 King Cobra, with the markings of Frank Borman (former Gemini and Apollo astronaut).

If someone knows of one that exists, please let me know.

Thanks,
Swampfox
Old 06-07-2017, 04:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 271.84 MB
When I was ~10 years old, I had a paper model space shuttle that had working bay doors, landing gear, flaps, etc. I believe it was a pre-printed book with glossy pages, but I can't really remember any more, it's been so long. I don't remember whether it was Columbia or Challenger, but I want to think it would have been Columbia. The completed model was quite large - about 2 feet, if memory serves, making it in the neighborhood of 1/66.

I have no idea if this even exists, but I would flip my lid if I came across it.
Current builds: Mirco Firefly Serenity 1:96, Saturn V 1:72
ADD victims: WM Columbia 1:100, AXM Atlas V 1:300, OBP Spruce Goose, Uhu02 X-Wing... and many others
Old 06-07-2017, 04:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 164.37 MB
Quote:

Leopold Railway Cannon by GPM (owned) and Locomotive BR 52 (owned). matter ot time and space ... so much to do, not enough space and time for them pair ;P
I have a copy of the Leopold available - contact me via my site, zeistbouwplaten.nl

Diderick A. den Bakker

Last edited by rickstef; 06-07-2017 at 09:42 AM.
Old 06-07-2017, 05:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 426.34 MB
I've been poking around for the Space Battleship Yamato for ages.
I did find a scanned copy once, and got through building the hull when I realized the pages weren't the same size. Most were only off by a mm or so, others were off by several mm )-=
That's when I realized it was probably pirated and started searching again.
I did find the original designer, but he had designed it as a commission for a Japanese printed book.
Recently I've found copies of that book for sale on Amazon!!! Now if I could just pry my piggybank open enough to actually spend money (-=
Google Adsense
Old 06-07-2017, 06:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 8.01 MB
I think since I've been in the hobby my 'holy grail(s)' have been Geli's R5A Vigilante and (for some strange reason) Hobby Model's CH-47 Chinook. The R5A I've never been able to find, and the Chinook I've not been able to find for a good enough price.

Vigilante

Chinook
Old 06-07-2017, 07:57 AM

Location: No longer living in NYC. Mooresville, NC is my home now.
Total Downloaded: 2.51 GB
What is your quest, were in search for the holy grail. Monty python, gotta love it!

My holy grail would have to be the Schreibers Boeing 707 in 1/50th scale. Yes 1/50th!!
I had a chance a few months back to get one on eBay but couldn't get my higher bid in fast enough.
I have several 707's in 1/100, and even 1/72, thanks Gary!!!!! but not the 1/50th. The 1/50 version had a yellowish top, not white, on the fuselage.
The search goes on.
Old 06-07-2017, 10:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 209.22 MB
Hello cmdr199212,

maybe one of your holy grails is obsolete: Please have a look: http://www.kartonmodellshop.de/shop/transporthubschrauber-boeing-vertol-ch-47-chinook-133-uebersetzt-reprint.html.

And for your vigilante (although a most favourite plane of mine) maybe comes to a good end because an austrian constructor restaurated the old geli-kits.
He let the construction as it was. They are reprints but nevertheless better then nothing. So be patient...
Old 06-07-2017, 11:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceglue View Post
Hello cmdr199212,

maybe one of your holy grails is obsolete: Please have a look: http://www.kartonmodellshop.de/shop/transporthubschrauber-boeing-vertol-ch-47-chinook-133-uebersetzt-reprint.html.

And for your vigilante (although a most favourite plane of mine) maybe comes to a good end because an austrian constructor restaurated the old geli-kits.
He let the construction as it was. They are reprints but nevertheless better then nothing. So be patient...
i have the hobby model chinook
Old 06-08-2017, 04:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 591.57 MB
Geli a5a was a good one. I found my grail in the Maly 1991 TBD Devastator torpedo plane. when i got it I was so bummed, it needed scanned ,recolored, and details added to make it what I had envisioned. that build is somewhere on this site.
Google Adsense