PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 08-16-2017, 05:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 10.08 MB
Shipyard Paper Models at Ages of Sail

Hi Folks,

I honestly don't know where to put this topic, so I thought I'd post it here. This is not exactly an ad for Ages of Sail, though I do help them out with some things.

First off, just wanted to say that, yes Ages of Sail is the U.S. importer for products from the Polish paper model manufacturer (mostly sailing ships and lighthouses) Shipyard, a.k.a. Vessel. So, if you're looking for these kits, Ages of Sail currently carries just about everything except the laser-cut blocks and deadeye sets.

Paper modeling is still rather unknown in the U.S. when compared with Europe, particularly Eastern Europe, so they don't sell much. So, I like to try to spread the word, so that the shop will continue to keep up its stocks of Shipyard products.

But, what I wanted to pass along today is the fact that if you're interested in the 1/98-scale paper model kit of the 1st-rate warship HMS Victory, you should hurry and check out their listing as things get screwey with pricing at times, even after I've tried to straighten things out, and then they end up with this, selling the HMS Victory kit for only $38.57. The regular price should be at least $53 in the U.S. and probably a bit more. I think it used to be listed at close to $70 here.

Anyway, it's close to 30% off, so it's a really good deal if you're interested in the kit, and I don't know how long the price will stay that way. The shop also carries the sail set, the stuns'l set, and mast and yards set if you're interested in those, but they are at regular price and you can always provide your own matierals for these.

Here's a direct link to the item: HMS Victory 1:96 - Shipyard MK002 - Paper Model - Shipyard (Paper Kits)

I can't tell you too much more about the kit, as I've never built it. But, if you have questions, maybe I can help. I can tell you that there are 9 of them in stock at this time.

Blog: shipmodeler.wordpress.com
Google Adsense
Old 08-17-2017, 10:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 172.42 MB
I made a purchase here a few months ago was impressed with the speed of delivery.
Old 03-11-2020, 12:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 10.08 MB
Hi Folks,

Wow, I made that post about the Shipyard kits at Ages of Sail more than 2 years ago... and the price of the HMS Victory kit STILL hasn't changed.

Well, I'm here because I just started posting my build of Shipyard's Hanse Kogge - Bremen 1380 kit in the build forums, and I thought I'd mention it here, as I did get the kit from Ages of Sail.

Anyway, the shop still has a lot of Shipyard paper model kits, and even added a number of kits since I last posted. They even still have some of the Quay Port kits that Shipyard discontinued.

If you're interested, please check out the shop here.

Blog: shipmodeler.wordpress.com

Tags
1/98 scale, ages of sail, hms victory, sailing ship, shipyard