PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 09-04-2017, 03:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
All my searches for this lead back to the AliExpress Ad or the PC Sq posting, which can still be accessed, but the DL links don't work. If they did, I'm pretty sure they would only lead to the same Deposit File that Nobi suggested. Which, as you've found is uncoloured and far from complete.

As Aliexpress are famous for stealing designs which they then market as their own, I for one, would be very interested to see what they are actually offering here, but not at that price. Even reduced as it is currently.

However, in answer to Sakrison's original question ... I have dealt with Aliexpress on many occasions outside of modeling. They are the Chinese equivalent of Amazon and probably the biggest International trader in China. They have even floated shares on the US and UK stock markets.

Their Paper model department used to trade under the name Alice-models, but that name gained a bad worldwide reputation for pirating models, so it was fazed, but the models have all crept back under the main Aliexpress name now. What we think of as piracy seems to be a normal acceptable way of trading in China and Russia. At least most of the Russian pirates are giving them away free.

A few years back, being none the wiser, I did purchase several models from Alice-models, and I must admit that I was very impressed with their service. The models arrived securely packed within two weeks, by airmail. The print quality was excellent, and the kits included extras like clear plastic for windows and toothpicks for axles. I had no complaint over quality of the kits and thought them fairly priced. I have since found them all to be available elsewhere as free downloads, but with the price of card and ink, I didn't feel diddled.

So basically it comes down to your personal ethics, as to whether you deal with them or not. And of course if you are willing to pay $35 for it. Too dear for me as my interest isn't too strong on the item, but as I said earlier, I'd be very interested to see what they have managed to put together.
Old 09-06-2017, 04:50 PM

Location: Ripon, WI, 20 mi from Oshkosh - center of the Aviation Universe
Total Downloaded: 1.51 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wagenseil View Post
There is a model of an MG42 on Scribd.
You need an account to download the full size model, but the thumbnails can be captured.
https://www.scribd.com/document/3444...-Nunn-MG42-pdf
The manual is available, maybe it contains enough information to reverse engineer and make a paper model
MG42* ©mg-42.net 2002-2006
Ethical issues aside, I would avoid pirate sites unless you are really good at debugging your PC. Many of those sites are infested with malware that even anti virus programs cannot stop.
The model on Scribd appears to 1:25 or similar scale, not 1:1.