PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 08:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.02 GB
I had a membership with Zealot a long time ago and forgot my user name and password. Now I'm truly glad that I don't remember them. This is the only paper forum that I'm with. I have an account with FSM and World War2 aircraft .net as I build both in paper and pla*tic and have a membership in Fresno Scale Modelers with forum member Mike Vink. It's truly unfortunate that Zathros seems to be mentally imbalanced and with the rules plus restrictions they have, I will stay here. Uhu02 is a great designer which we all attest to and I have been unable to access downloads for several of his designs which interested me. If is trying to protect his models from pirates I have no problem with that. However, if it means being available only on that one site and having to suck heinie hole to get it, NO THANKS. Keep up the good work Rick as you have done an excellent job over here on this site. Long live the free exchange of ideas and opinions with our hobby. If I post a screwed up model and no one points it out, I will personally come over and drink all of your beer.
Old 10-17-2017, 09:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
What I don't understand is this: If something was done wrong that should be corrected, why didn't any of the Zealot regulars who are members of both forums say anything?

I don't see why he went into attack mode ... again. Maybe he's the one who lost someone in his family or has some sort of disaster working in real life. Not that that is an excuse.

He doesn't own the forum, does he? I don't understand why someone doesn't sit down with him and explain 'acceptable behavior'. If someone looks at him as a friend, then as a friend, they need to help him through whatever is going on.

Oh, well, I'll probably be banned over there, too, but since I've deleted all my bookmarks for over there, it doesn't matter. Maybe he'll feel better for it
Old 10-17-2017, 10:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 210.47 MB
Rick,
When a person has their finger pointing at you and commenting about you 4 of their fingers are pointing back at themselves.

As you know I have been around these forums for quite a while. please keep in mind that this forum has around 10 times as many daily posts that the other forum receives. There are many reasons for this but the most important reason is your consistent steady hand on the helm.

For the record alexa.com shows that Zealot Form has a standing of 726,706 on the web while this forum's standing is 222,959.

Jim Nunn
Old 10-17-2017, 11:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.41 GB
I would like to address a few issues here that I know for a fact are false.

I find it interesting that quite a few of you have said that you have been banned from Zealot. I (personally) have checked each and every one. Most of you still have active accounts (Out of respect, I am not going to mention any names). THere are some of you who have not been active for several years. So, your accounts have been deactivated (that is part platform setting that we do not have control over).
Not only that, but Zathros issued an open amnesty (where most everything (except spamming) was forgiven) on Zealot in 2014 (shortly after Zathros was made an Administrator) to all who were banned prior to that date. However, no one ever reached out or asked about it.

Airdave: You did in fact post UHU02's log-in and password information. This post is proof: http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/598725-post28.html You even went as far as to bold the information. How much more blatant can you be without saying which is what?

There is no drama on Zealot. Granted, there use to be drama there when both Mako Shark and Ekuth was running things. Fighting bullying, insulting, bashing and other such is not tolerated and is dealt with. There are rules for a reason. if someone breaks the rules, they are banned.
In all actuality, there is far more drama and bashing here then any other forum that I have seen. Yes, I belong to many different forums.
Every time someone at Zealot blatantly violates the rules and is banned for it, they come here and cry like little babies that they were banned for no reason. If that is not drama, then what is?
Yes, Zathros and I brought Zealot back up from a downward spiral that Ekuth had set in motion.

Members are allowed to post finished models without a build thread in the category of the genre that the model belongs in. The only place that finished model (without build threads) can not be posted, is the gallery.

There are no elitist issues in Zealot. Everyone at every skill level is welcome. Everyone there is willing to help those that are new to both the hobby and the forum (me included).

If anyone here (that is still a member of Zealot) really does not like Zealot that much, send me a private message and I will delete your account there and you will never have to deal with that site again.

For those of you who have never been to Zealot, I challenge you to actually check out the site for yourself with a truly open eye and mind.
Old 10-17-2017, 11:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 917.06 MB
Rick and co.
I come home at the end of the day and, after "She, who MUST be obeyed" has consented. I log on here.
I'm no great modeler or poster but, I really like the way people treat each other in this forum.
When there are disputes within the forum, your patience and respect during moderation is admirable.
This is a great community, ladies and gents!

Ka mau te wehi, e hoa ma!
Google Adsense
Old 10-18-2017, 06:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhaven Blaack View Post
Airdave: You did in fact post UHU02's log-in and password information. This post is proof: http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/598725-post28.html You even went as far as to bold the information. ...
No one can disagree on the fact you point.

And lets remember: he's not the only one who has posted the words of the new password on plain sight. Many of us did. So, why directing all the attacks towards Dave? In that case, attack us all who posted it. Dave is the one to go for, as he used bold characters. But anyone reading the thread by then must have guessed which was the open sesame as it was repeated several times for more than one year before. Why not contacting the PM administration to quietly take down those messages? Why wait just until Dave wrote?

You have been here in this forum all the time, you also witnessed that (people writing the new password before Dave did it), but apparently did nothing to prevent it. Even as you, in your equally important position at Zealot, was qualified to intervene and was entitled to contact the administrators of papermodelers about it. Or did you write to the Papermodelers administrators asking for the messages that revealed the password to be taken down, and they did not respond?

Besides, Zathros himself also wrote the password on plain sight on post #378 of the appreciation thread there at Zealot:
The Uhu02 appreciation thread | Page 19 | Zealot
to which many of us have directed people. The only thing that confuses people is that because some messages were deleted, it is no longer post #414, but #378. Some members solve mysteries easier than others. In the end most of them got the password only after visiting Zealot, reading that post, and adding 1+1.

Isn't Zathros supposed to give the password privately only to the trusted ones, and those who contribute with active participation to the forum? If that's the case he was the first to break the rule. And the first to guide people towards the answer. He says "is right in front of you in the post I made". See attached screenshot.

But that confuses me... He first states (same screenshot) that people must not PM him asking for the password. Then he writes (yesterday) that any people PM'ing will get it. And he doesn't even let people to figure it out... he sends it to members who have not requested it. How's that for coherence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin_King View Post
I don't see why he went into attack mode ... again. Maybe he's the one who lost someone in his family or has some sort of disaster working in real life. Not that that is an excuse....
You make a good point VK.
Sometimes our real lives become so hard that our whole relationship with others get messed.

Some people closer to him may know better what pain is in his life.

But you said right: not an excuse.

Because... just what the holy f**k do my parents have to do with all the UHU discussion?
That's plainly disgusting. That's all but tasty and classy for an administrator of any forum anywhere to do that.
Attached Thumbnails
Papermodelers and Zealot, enough already-clip_9.jpg  

Old 10-18-2017, 06:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Ruben ...lmao....RIGHT ON MAN!

What he said Rhaven!

Had I wrote "This is the User Name: XXXX and Password: XXXXXXXX"
then I would be tucking my tail and trying to apologize.

But I didn't do that (no matter how much you want to twist it that way)

I didn't do anything that hadn't already been done a hundred times here and at zealot.
I did it to make a point and make fun of it.
If you re-read, you'll see I even spoke of properly revealing the codes, which suggest that I hadn't already done so.
(Zathros will enjoy twisting that sentence into "Dave brags about revealing the passcodes!)

You guys (mainly Zathros) like to twist these little moments into the "wrongs" the rest of us do.
While never owning up to anything.

Rhaven, I don't have a beef a with you....in fact, I agree, we sometimes come down a bit too hard on the zealot forum in general.
Fact is, the new owners of the forum made a big mess of things when they took over.
Zathros is not the one who "brought the forum back from the brink"
but Zathros continues to wave his big mouthy stick and tries to steal control and take credit.

Do yourself a favour and stop defending Zathros.
Stand up for yourself and for zealot forum.

Its all about being on the shit end of the stick with Zathros.
I'm not the only one who can attest to this...there are dozens who have learned what its like dealing with him.
Especially if you don't do things his way.

Last edited by airdave; 10-18-2017 at 07:32 AM.
Old 10-18-2017, 07:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Back when I first had issues with Zathros, I tried to find out a more about this madman that was attacking me so viciously behind the scenes.
I searched the internet (and found) a few other message boards and communities where Zathros had been a member, got into fights and in some cases, had been removed/blocked.

I can't back this claim up at the moment since I haven't looked too far to find the same sites
...it has been more than half a decade and I can't remember my search parameters.

I did however come across one board with a recent discussion related to Zealot and Zathros...and you Rhaven.

This Model Train group talk about leaving zealot
and the problems they had with Zathros and zealot admin.
Its a fun and weirdly coincidental read.

Relevant posts start halfway down page 1, but I started the 4 pages at the beginning for context.
Big Blue Trains • View topic - Attention everyone

I post this to illustrate that the problems are not just about me and this community.
And not really from anyone in particular.
The opinions are widespread and its always about Zathros desire to bully and control.
(Although, Rhaven, you are getting a reputation too)
Old 10-18-2017, 07:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhaven Blaack View Post
Not only that, but Zathros issued an open amnesty (where most everything (except spamming) was forgiven) on Zealot in 2014 (shortly after Zathros was made an Administrator) to all who were banned prior to that date. However, no one ever reached out or asked about it.

Airdave: You did in fact post UHU02's log-in and password information. This post is proof: http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/598725-post28.html You even went as far as to bold the information. How much more blatant can you be without saying which is what?
Um, yes I talked to you about me being banned...

The amnesty happened after our talk.

If it hadn't been for your post, I'd have never known that Dave's post had key information. Not that I'll use it, but it's nice to know.

As an admin, have you talked to Zathros about his attack dog policies? I truly hope that you have.

All the best
Old 10-18-2017, 07:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 10.41 MB
Meanwhile, I sit here eating popcorn watching the show.

Oops, sorry, couldn't help it, need diversion, found it: Mired in MAZ tires...

BTW Thanks Airdave, now I don't have to wade through a separate forum for a password when I'm curious.

I don't hate zealot, just have no interest there anymore.

greg