PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 01:19 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Papermodelers and Zealot, enough already

For months and years since I left cardmodels.net and Zealot behind, wanting to instead focus on papermodelers.com and the community that all paper modelers share and have in common, I have put my energy into this forum, and promoting the hobby of paper/card modeling.

I wake up to messages in my email, facebook account, and text messages alerting me to this message from John Romero/Zathros, the admin over at Zealot. I have attached the screeenshot I took of the message to this post, and visible below.

I have read his missive, and he is entitled to his opinion, and can express so freely, I too have that same right, to my opinion, and a reply to his statements.

The respect John/Zathros has for me is obvious, twice in his post he has referred to me as Ricstef, technically, that is not me, so I should ignore this.
He wishes me ill will, and hopes that I do suffer a great loss, last time I checked, I am doing quite well, I am working on my future, and for me the sky is the limit. If anyone can ask John/Zathros what kind of great loss I would be facing, that would be great, I can disprove him again.
Frankly, I have no clue what this has to do with the original topic of the post, and why he even posted that statement.

This is now about the 4th or 5th time John/Zathros has mentioned that I need to fall on my sword, so you want me to resign, quit, give up the ghost, yet I am not the one publicly berating another person, basically telling the person to drop dead. If I recall correctly, which I do, I have never said anything publicly to you to wish you harm or shown you ill will, but you doing this in a public forum, shows to me, and the rest of the world what kind of man you are. Maybe it is time for you to fall on your sword.

I am not the one who is persisting this rivalry, Jason and I also have those same emails and private messages, and neither of us have the will nor the energy and time to bother with posting that stuff online.
I have shown on more than one occasion that all people are welcome on the forum, I have never made a distinction nor a request that one has to pledge their loyalty to one forum or another.
I have people who are on Zealot's staff as moderators and admins, who I call friends, and I have no doubt that John/Zathros has friends amongst the staff here on papermodelers.com. I have not, nor will I take action against anyone, it is in my opinion, very childish that people are trying to set the two forums up against one and other, to me it reads as a bad episode or cartoon of Spy vs. Spy. The internet is large enough to have two premier paper modeling forums available to the masses, there is no need for the rivalry, the tearing down, ill will wishing, and whatever other cliche or adage you want to use.

As to the points on bashing, there was none, trying to make a mountain out of a molehill, and sounding the alarms when none were needed. I rightfully pointed out that uhu02 is a member of papermodelers.com and we have members who are fans of his work, and I suggested that if anyone wanted, they could start their own appreciation thread for uhu02, as I have reviewed all of the uhu related threads on the forum I can see no bashing, the occasional grumble that a member missed out on a download, and the hints for this member to seek out the password, all members who have posted in any uhu related thread all have one thing in common, a genuine respect and admiration for the work he has been sharing for free with the hobby world, even I am awed by the work he as done, I just disagree with his practices, he is entitled to do whatever he feels is right, and I am entitled to my opinion, and I will support his right to do what he sees fit with his designs.

I could go in on the other things that are posted, as of right now, I no longer have the energy to keep on writing, and replying. Plus I doubt it will make any difference now anyway.
I am sure this will be relayed to John/Zathros, that is fine, petty, but fine, I am done with this episode now, I could ask for an apology, which I know I will never receive, so I will not ask for one.

Rick
Attached Thumbnails
Papermodelers and Zealot, enough already-zathros_post.jpg  
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo

Last edited by rickstef; 10-17-2017 at 02:12 PM.
Google Adsense
Old 10-17-2017, 01:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
One more headache that doesn't need to be there.

I re-read the thread I think is being referred to, and I see no bashing.

Some folks just like to see evil in everything. You just have to ignore them and go along your way. That you went back through and reviewed the thread, shows your concern for being upright.

Hang in there and keep up the good work
Old 10-17-2017, 02:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Rick, Carry On.
The only complaint I can say about papermodelers.com is I probably spend too much time on it...but that's because it is fun, interesting and I usually learn something. Oh, and also overall a bunch of nice people here that tolerate me.
Old 10-17-2017, 02:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 3.47 GB
I second whulsey's statement.
Old 10-17-2017, 02:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 316.45 MB
Google Adsense
Old 10-17-2017, 02:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
Once, many moons ago when I exchanged mails and private messages with him, I wrote (among many other things) the following:

Quote:
Zealot is needed, so that people will have more options. So that people can have more than one place to enjoy. And the more forums are there in the internet, the more chances for someone to learn about the hobby.
I still believe this to be the case.
The more forums and places to exchange information and experiences about the hobby, the better.

People needs access to different points of view, to different experiences and ways of doing things. Some prefer here, some prefer there, and that's good. Some people even prefer /po/ instead, and that's fine too.

But Zathros' is just crazy beyond belief. He just wrote at Zealot:
Quote:
@Rubeandres, ... I was saddened and grieved when your parents died. I am still sorry for the tragedy in your life. ...
Since I chose to left Zealot because his attacks on Luca, I swore never to return there and reply anything.

And, as far as I know, my parents are still alive and kicking (unless they both died in the past 10 minutes and he knows better than me.)

Sick they were, as it was general knowledge here, and in other places where I found support. Some people were even closer to me than Zathros, who now believes himself to have been my closest friend just for the simple fact the we both are latinos. When he never was.

Again, my parents have not died.
Or maybe is his way of willing me and my family ill too?
It maybe is.
I could read those words as a personal threat.
How can the administrator of a forum behave in that way, threatening people and publicly wishing bad health (I correct: wishing death) to someone's parents? Is that the proper way to behave, Zathros?
I guess people here and there by now already see what kind of person he is. His words speak of his heart's worth.

Wait... he didn't write my nickname correctly. Is missing an "n". Was that addressed to me? Maybe, as there are no other "Ruben Andres" in the modelling forums.

I may respect other forums and places of discussion. I can even understand the need of /po/ to exist and to fill a niche for certain groups of people, as well as Zealot is needed too.

But it is hard to even feel anything (respect, pity or whatever other feeling) for someone who states my parents have died when they've not.
Attached Thumbnails
Papermodelers and Zealot, enough already-clip_5.jpg  

Old 10-17-2017, 03:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
You are correct...it almost sounds like a "death threat" doesn't it?
I would suggest JohnRomero be very careful from this point on.
This wouldn't be the first time he has made similar threats.

His mispelling of names is deliberate.
But thats nowhere near as bad as the dragging of personal information into his attacks.

He spouts one lie after another and uses his position on that forum to control the misinformation he spews.

He has a long history of personally attacking people when they rebuff him or disagree with him.
As long as you do what he wants, he's your best friend
...cross him and ...well you can see the result.

I feel most saddened by the fact that Uhu is lied to constantly by this person.
I was under the impression that he did not properly understand English...but how could he?
If Uhu can speak and read proper English then why would he not understand how he is being manipulated by Zathros/John.

(I apologize for suggesting he might be English illiterate. I was under the impression that he could not properly communicate on the forums.
maybe he just doesn't have a great understanding?)

I'd like to personally send a message to Uhu...and hopefully he can understand...

Zathros has been banned from more than one website for his deliberate actions and comments.
He has lied about things people have said and done and he repeats those lies.
He has told you that I copied and shared your models here, and on my website.
This is a flat out lie.
Zathros has accused me of handing out your Secret Library password here, and on my website.
Another lie.
He has accused me of deliberately insulting you.
Another lie.

He claims to have designed and built models that nobody has ever seen.
He claims we are all trying to hurt or discredit him because we are jealous of something...although I'm not sure what that is.

The simple fact here is, everyone here loves and respects what you do (Uhu).
We don't all agree on the way your models have been distributed...especially by the Zealot staff.
But we've never wanted to insult you personally or cause you to leave our community.
These are all lies made up by Zathros to somehow reinforce his own position at Zealot.

Maybe he just doesn't want to share you(UHU) with anyone else.
Which is odd since he doesn't build paper models himself.

And as far as Zathros is concerned...yeah...I'm done with this ass too.
I won't be told I can't have an opinion about something.
And I wont entertain being told I've done things that I haven't.

Zealot forums...do yourselves a favour and ban that cancer.
Old 10-17-2017, 03:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 125.32 MB
Amen Dave.

Bob
Old 10-17-2017, 04:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Those of us who have been here a while know that this guy has issues (plural, lots of them)...as hard as it is, just ignore him and if activities on another website get your blood running a little hot, don't go there - literally...

We have a good community here, dedicated to our art, let's focus on that...
Old 10-17-2017, 04:17 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
I do have a role here, and I have had enough

So. I am banned at zealot, and cannot post there. Those of you who are zealot fans,
as you have done in the past, can feel free to report to zathros what is posted.

It has become so petty to some of you, that you must pm him to “tattle” on what is
going on here. This is not new. I have known of this behavior for a considerable amount of time.

The admin at zealot, was banned here. The reasons, are not for public consumption.
But it is a fact. This same individual has borne a dislike for PM.com ever since.
He wants to make it sound as if PM is the devil. That PM is elitist. He tries, despite his
double talk, to make us out as bad guys no matter what the situation. I have had enough.

Do you want to know what is elitist? When you bash a forum member, because they did
not design/build a model the way YOU thought it should be.
Elitist is making a forum rule that you cannot post pictures of a completed build, because you
did not do a build thread about it. Thus, someone cannot achieve your results, because they
lack the skills to come up with a method on their own. That is what “conversation” is about.
You ask. You learn. Unless you try and get some secret password. Then your not worthy.

Please feel free to pass this on to him, those of you who feel the need to. And you know who
you are. I have no problem with someone having dual, triple, quadruple, or how ever many
forum memberships you have. But DO NOT use that to cause dissension on my forum.
The individual I speak of, cannot even get the PM Admin name right. He personally attacked
Rick, talking about his life falling apart and facing great loss, etc. And was “glad to hear it”.
Among other comments. This is a load of crap. Why would you personally attack someone that way?

Who really cares that UHU gave him some “gatekeeper” power to control the password to his site?
This is someone who has decided he is the “end all” word of who is “worthy” to have a simple freaking password.
If you don’t want people to have your models, don’t publish them. It’s that simple.
He commented in his latest “closed” but now “open” thread about several of the members here.
Openly calling them “a nut”, etc. Openly commenting about a members “personal problems they
were having”. And he incorrectly states their parents passed. Really? If your going to call someone
out by name, wouldn’t it bolster your position to have your facts right? Just another point that this
person has no idea what’s reality.

He incorrectly, called out Rick for selling “this forum” and betraying its members. Rick never owned,
nor sold the original forum, Cardmodels.net. Just another incorrect fact he keeps throwing out.
He also makes comments directed at several others, none of which are “UHU bashing”.
His pious, self important status is reminiscent of many who are over compensating. I will let you
research history to discover the way some “others” iron willed their way into a leadership position.

To quote him “ I resurrected a forum left for dead by its previous owner”. That would be the people who
bought zealot. “Loving, caring people who show it”. Because they are afraid to say otherwise.

If UHU closes his forum/library, it is not the “Green eyed monster of jealousy and envy”. It is his choice,
just as it was his choice to allow himself to become some sort of paper “deity”, supported by those with
such a simple mind as to allow one person to control their entire thought process.

If you disagree with my assessment of this situation, suck it up buttercup. I have been through this for
years. If you do not like what is here, please, feel free to leave. Enjoy the draconian limitations put upon
you at zealot.

NO MENTIONING OF A WEBSITE THAT DOES NOT MAKE THEM MONEY.
NO MENTIONING OF ANOTHER PAPER MODEL WEBSITE.
NO POSTING OF A COMPLETED BUILD WITHOUT A BUILD THREAD. ETC.
The only thing we do not tolerate here is piracy. That is a free forum.

And yes, it is Papermodelers.com.

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!

Last edited by Texman; 10-17-2017 at 04:43 PM. Reason: I missed a word
Google Adsense
Closed Thread