PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 11-06-2017, 09:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoti View Post
Herky-

I'm assuming your phone is running Android?

I know on my Android phones I have to tell the phone what to do when it connects to a computer with a data cable: Am I connecting to charge only, am I connecting for file transfer, am I connecting for photo transfer, etc.

Unless I tell my phone what I am doing when I connect to the computer, the two don't really see each other.

I'm running Mac and Linux, and had to set the USB connection type for both computers. I don't know about Windows, but I'm assuming the same is necessary.

What is the specific make and model of your phone?

If I know that, I can do some research and see whether or not you need to set the USB conection settings, and if so, how to do it.
its a samsung g3 about 4 years old.have only ever used it fro calls and text.thanx but dont spend any time on it.going with the replacing camera option.its what i feel comfortable with.thanks for you kind offer of help though
Old 11-07-2017, 06:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 452.18 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by herky View Post
its a samsung g3 about 4 years old.have only ever used it fro calls and text.thanx but dont spend any time on it.going with the replacing camera option.its what i feel comfortable with.thanks for you kind offer of help though
Copy, keep us posted!