PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 08-27-2007, 06:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.54 GB
On-Line Storage/upload sites

I need to know about all of the upload sites like Rapidshare, meagupload, etc.
I need one that does not rely on java, and will let me upload files OVER 100 MB without having to split them,. I am talking about Videos & CD copies.
I have 3 CD copies that are 100, 108 & 120MB each.
I have several vidoes that average 110 MB. with some going to 140+ range. And i have 2 that are 450-600 MB !

I need to be able to upload these to a site that does not limit size, Will notify me Before Deleting Non-active uploads, Will not Limit the number of Downlaods, And is FREE!!!

I was using Megaupload, But last night & this morning a Batch upload of 5 CD's Crashed 3 times. "Srcipt Error" That is why I want one that is Not java dependent!!
HAd the upload run Un-Interupted, I would have uploaded those 5 CD's Twice each!!

Please tell me there is such a place!!

And tell me what to do with Faulty java. I want to delete it!!

Thank you In advance
Google Adsense
Old 08-27-2007, 06:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-EDSEL View Post
Will not Limit the number of Downlaods, And is FREE!!!
Now that would be a neat trick.....

All hosting companies like this have to pay the bills. That's why they're there. What you gain with one hand gets more than taken away with the other. Bandwith and internet traffic has to be paid for somehow.

You either end up dealing with massive spam and advertising, with limited download bandwidth (for that read limited downloads), or you end up having to pay real bucks for your hosting and bandwidth requirements.

There aint no such thing as a free lunch. I don't think you're going to find anything that meets exactly what you want for free.

It sounds to me, like you'd be better off buying your own domain and some proper hosted web space and using that. There are some good packages and companies offering good deals and not at huge sums.

Best Regards,
Julian (Fozzy The Bear)
LINK: Designing America's First Railway Locomotive, "Stourbridge Lion"
Old 08-27-2007, 10:13 PM

Under $10.00 US/year Max?? I am unemployed, so must have at No to Almost NO cost
Old 08-28-2007, 05:49 AM
Aviation Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
Does your ISP offer any online storage? I don't know the specifics, but Comcast that I'm with has a certain amount of storage (with their ftp) and bandwidth that comes with being a customer. I know other ISP's do as well.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:16 PM

I don't know if you can handle $4.99 a month (billed once every 6 months $29.94 plus applicable taxes) but I use a www.1and1.com Home Account

At that price I get 120GB of Storage and 1200 GB of transer volume per month. Plus other thing like web-mail server, I think my personal domain name is included, and some software if I want it....
Google Adsense
Old 08-29-2007, 01:45 AM

I don't know if Verizon offers that. I do have 'Attachments' & 'Briefcase' with my YAhoo E-mail & I think G-mail offers a similar feature. But the files I need to back-up are Way Too large!!
Sadly, NO I can not afford $5.00/Month. Not right now. (Maybe $1.00-$2.00)

I have 27 CD's From Kinderen Voor Kinderen as well as 26 TV shows to save/post. 3 of those CD's are 100, 109 & 120 MB respectivly!
The TV show Start at about 85 MB at the Smallest and go up to 140 MB!
Plus I have 3 copies of 2 different Dec.-04 concerts From Carre` in Nederland(Holland). These were Streamed and one is still 600MB!! Alone.
My PC has been acting up, I want to burn these CD copies & TV shows to CD & DVD, but my Burners are not working now and I don't know if it is software or the Burner giving up from Overuse!.
I don't have USB 2.0 so transfering the files to thumb-drive is slow & I get I/O errors frequently!
And I have been asking for help in translating these to English, some want a song or CD they don't have, So I try to do that to say thanks for the work they are doing translating the songs etc.

I have found 3 site that might do. GigaSize, BOXSTr, & UploadingIT

Is anyone else here using them.

I don't mind having a 30-60 day inactive limit. As long as I remember, I can activate the links to keep them posted. I don't have to complete the Download.(At least I don't believe I do.--Though I can always dump the duplicate if I do)

Adds on the page can mostly be blocked with 'AdBlocker' on Mozilla or Firefox