PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 02-01-2018, 10:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 4.62 GB
French models made for a king

https://www.finebooksmagazine.com/is...h_maps-1.phtml
Google Adsense
Old 02-01-2018, 10:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 985.89 MB
Another tidbit of history looked at from a different angle (aerial views before there were aerial views).
Thanks,

from another John
Old 02-03-2018, 08:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 156.88 MB
Would love to see these in person. Fascinating. Thanks John.

Wyatt
Old 02-05-2018, 08:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 18.52 MB
Musée des plans-relief

I saw them twice when I was about 20, in the early 80's, they were stored in the upper floor of the Invalides, as it is today, but by that time, it looked rather to a dusty attic, with an only small glass running around each one, and nothing above, you could bend over to contemplate them..

Next March 1, as a member of an association in Lille, north-France, devoted to old architecture, I 'll see, along with others members, the another fifteen stored in the Art Museum in Lille, where they are since 1981, before they are being moved: the gallery will be re-arranged, since the present way of exhibiting them was not good, you couldn't walk around each one, as they are displayed side by side.
The glass windows are removed for two months, since this part of the Museum is closed for december, and I could see them at close range, as I did forty years ago. I hope my camera will work fine...
Old 02-06-2018, 03:52 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 36.49 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to bloomohio
Smile

[QUOTE=Renaud;613049]I saw them twice when I was about 20, in the early 80's, they were stored in the upper floor of the Invalides, as it is today, but by that time, it looked rather to a dusty attic, with an only small glass running around each one, and nothing above, you could bend over to contemplate them..

Next March 1, as a member of an association in Lille, north-France, devoted to old architecture, I 'll see, along with others members, the another fifteen stored in the Art Museum in Lille, where they are since 1981, before they are being moved: the gallery will be re-arranged, since the present way of exhibiting them was not good, you couldn't walk around each one, as they pm PLEASE LONG TIM E NOMHEAR FROM?
Google Adsense