PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 05-22-2018, 09:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.13 GB
A true story

The Intruder – a night of terror

It all started late one night while Julie and I were lying quietly in bed. Julie was about to fall asleep and I had my IPad fired up and my head phones on watching a documentary on World War II, there was not even a hint as to what was about to take place.
Suddenly and without any warning Julie shot straight up in bed her arms swinging wildly in the air, there were blankets and sheets flying in every direction and she appeared to be fighting a losing battle with some unseen enemy. I looked at her and thought that maybe the poor old girl had really lost it. I could see nothing that could cause such a commotion as was taking place in our bedroom. I took off my headphones and placed the IPad on the bed, or what was left of it, looked at her a moment and said, “What the hell is going on?” By now Julie was sitting in the middle of the bed looking a little bewildered surrounded by the blankets and sheets which had once been so neatly placed on the bed, she was breathing heavily and seemed to be looking all around the room trying to spot whatever had attacked her.
After a few seconds had passed she breathlessly replied, “There was a frog, a frog jumped on my head!” Now to say this was unusual would be a major understatement, never had I heard of anyone being attacked by a killer frog while in bed in their own home, it just doesn’t happen. But she swore that was the problem.
“It hopped under the bed” she said as she crawled around on the floor determined to find and eliminate the threat of this frog mounting another attack. In an effort to humor her I too got down on the floor and looked under the bed using a cell phone for a flash light. Just as I had expected I saw no frog, only a few quiet dust bunnies that appeared totally harmless. The all - out search continued for a few more minutes then ended abruptly when I got back into bed.
At long last Julie cautiously managed to slip back into bed. She lay there stiff as a board, her eyes darting around the room still trying to pick out the location of this killer frog that had so viciously attacked her. I got back into position, picked up the IPad, put on my headphones and continued watching the documentary. After a couple of minutes had passed I noticed some movement on the floor.
Sure enough on closer examination I made out the shape of a frog, not exactly a killer frog, there appeared to be no large fangs, huge claws, or glowing red eyes but it was a frog, a small tree frog. Once again I removed the headphones and sat the IPad on the bed. I then slipped as quietly as possible out of bed and stealthily made my way toward the dastardly frog. When I got within range I lunged and made a desperate grab in the frog’s direction.
Success! I now had a handful of that frog and was determined that he would not break free. The frog however had other ideas and put up quite a fight as we made our way to the front door all the while bouncing off the walls and tripping over everything in the floor, I never was very good at walking around in the dark. When we finally made it to the door I fumbled with the locks for what seemed like ten minutes as the frog made every attempt to escape from my grasp, by the time I opened the door I was holding him by the back legs as the rest of his body thrashed wildly about. He had nearly made good his escape.
Resisting the urge to throw him as far as I could, I placed him on the ground and he promptly hopped away. It was at last over, the frog would attack Julie no more, at least not for a while. The whole thing sort of reminded me of December 7th 1941, “A date which will live in infamy”. Never a dull moment around our place!

I thought some of you folks might like this, glad it doesn't happen every night.......lol
Google Adsense
Old 05-22-2018, 01:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 145.94 MB
Kermit's Revenge!
Attached Thumbnails
A true story-kermit.jpg  
Old 05-22-2018, 02:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Let's hope the frog doesn't round up a bunch of friends to hang out in a tree outside of your window and serenade you all night long.
Old 05-22-2018, 03:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 197.92 MB
You need a medal sir.
Live, Laff, Love...
Old 05-22-2018, 05:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
I dare ya to put one of these on her dressing table ..

Tree Frog - Pet Series - Animals - Paper Craft - Canon Creative Park
Old 05-22-2018, 05:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.13 GB
I'm too young to die John.......
Old 05-23-2018, 01:24 AM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
Total Downloaded: 3.68 GB
You should be sympathetic with a woman, fearful of getting a frog in her throat...
Old 05-23-2018, 11:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.02 GB
Funny story with a good ending and no dead frog.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 985.89 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWest View Post
I'm too young to die John.......
Great story and VERY smart man!