PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 06-11-2018, 08:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
3D Views in Pepakura Viewer 3 & 4

In Pepakura Viewer 3 a lineless pdo can be viewed in the 3D window without any obtrusive lines. There is a menu selection where you can unselect Emphasize Open Edges and the view is a nice, smooth rendering of the model.

The same model viewed in Pepakura Viewer 4, with the same viewing settings, has some unsightly lines in the 3D view of the model.

Is there a setting in one of the menus that will get rid of those lines in the 3D view? I have searched the various menus and have been unable to find one.

Here are a couple of pictures showing the situation. Emphasize Open Edges is unselected on both.

As displayed, the PKV4 3D display has lines that are not present in the PKV3 3D display.
Google Adsense
Old 06-11-2018, 08:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 70.75 MB
Send a message via MSN to Lex
Couldn't help... I guess pepakura is not made for looking good from the start, can't really complain about whatever happened to this functionality...

Is there any particular reason to do the rendering in pepakura rather than in wherever 3d software the model came from?
Old 06-11-2018, 08:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
I would not know about the rendering. I just use the Viewer in Pepakura to view and print the models. The lines do not print in PKV4, but it is nice to be able to view the 3D model without the lines. Nothing realy important, just nice.

I want to associate all of the pdo files with PKV4 for when I forget to choose to open a PKV4 only file with PK4 instead of the now default PKV3, but I like the 3D view in PKV3 that does not show those lines in a lineless model.
Old 06-11-2018, 09:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
It's the same on ver.3 for me, I can only pick if the edges are colored or black - on a random model. Can you share the model?