PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 07-02-2018, 02:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 406.41 MB
Would love designer reports. Would love to know what's selling well.
Old 07-02-2018, 04:15 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 3.69 GB
I appreciate all the work you have put in over the years, I agree with what appears to be the majority opinion that option 2 would be the best approach. Is there any way to change the price searching structure so as not have to see page after page of those 1/100 Scissors
and Planes kits . They seem to take a lot of weeding through to find anything else. Maybe
a special price of a penny or two up or down so you could see only those if you're interested in them or search by price to see every thing else, say under 98 cents or over $1.02, or whatever price you come up with. Just seem to me they are the majority on every page.
Thanks for considering this. Bob
Old 07-02-2018, 04:22 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
Leave #1 up for a while with a link to #2, and do #2 like you want to. After a while you can choose which one you really are please with. Having a satisfying #2 is really a good way to start your day.
Old 07-02-2018, 04:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 321.25 MB
Please just get it up and running again, I need to get more of Murphy and Dave’s kits. It’s been a great site as is, apart from the search function which throws up a lot of stuff your not searching for. Only other thing I can think of is it would be nice to have either a better preview of the kit or a designers report.
Thanks for the site as a relative newcomer to the hobby it’s great to be able to pick from a huge selection of kits.
Old 07-02-2018, 04:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 125.32 MB
Hi Chris,
Sorry to hear about all the problems you are experiencing. I regard you and your site as one of the staples of our hobby, I have probably purchased more models from you than all the others combined.
Option number 2 might be the way to go, although I know very little about setting up, or maintaining a website. Good luck my friend.

Bob
Old 07-02-2018, 04:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 287.89 MB
I would really say that it depends on who the web-hosting provider is before you make a decision. Running a domain with a specific web hosting account works well with some providers and not well with others depending on what kind of e-commerce platform you're going to use. For example, running a Wordpress overlay with the Woocommerce plug-in can go a long way towards simplifying the platform as long as the host can accommodate it. GoDaddy for example, has issues coping with that type of platform and if your themes or plug-in combinations result in scripting issues, they wont help you solve them at all unless you upgrade. Other providers such as 1and1 hosting are able to handle a large Woocommerce platform with the PayPal plugin and having built several, some in less than a day, I can say that they run seamless over there with little downtime or issues at all. Using a Wordpress overlay gives you a great deal of options related to Social Media integration, newsletters, PayPal integration and even spam control through the Akismet Anti-Spam plug-in. Jetpack can further add marketing and additional security tools, but again, depending on how and where its hosted, it might not be feasible. These are just some of the factors to consider, especially since WooCommerce is the most optimal for digital download and delivery, much like what your platform was, or used to be..

Last edited by Gman93643; 07-02-2018 at 05:26 PM.
Old 07-02-2018, 05:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.71 GB
Just to throw my 2-cents in, I vote for option 2. However, I'd also like to throw out the idea to absorb the designers and kits from GreMir site that appears to be closing. Their kits are amazing, and I think it would be worth an inquiry, at least, to see if they are open to negotiations, while you are working on rebuilding the site.
Old 07-02-2018, 05:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.97 GB
Simply start all over - Option 2. For fans of Dave and Murph, you can go directly to their sites to get whatever you want.

Papermate
Old 07-02-2018, 05:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 197.92 MB
I guess maybe it isn't common knowledge but a lot of designers have their own websites. I also think that guys like Aaron Murphy and Airdave have more kits on their sites than eCards shows.
Live, Laff, Love...
Old 07-02-2018, 05:54 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelS View Post
I guess maybe it isn't common knowledge but a lot of designers have their own websites. I also think that guys like Aaron Murphy and Airdave have more kits on their sites than eCards shows.
so

Some times yes, some times no.

It depends on when they send the kits to Ecardmodels.com

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Google Adsense